Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sam Huard

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
A 6'1 Air Raid QB. Never taken a HS snap under center. Below average speed. Avg pocket agility.

Sam and Kennedy's 2 4-star WRs overmatched a WEAK NPSL league.

His plus --not elite -- arm strength plays up because of Sam's elite accuracy and decision making.

I'm skeptical how this will translate in Donovan's under center offense. I love Sam but I'm a seller at the current valuation.

Donovan hasn't figured out the modern day successful offenses all have this philosophy. "We’re an RPO team that runs the football. If you’re gonna let us run the ball, then we will continue to run the ball. The moment you say we’re gonna take away the run, our system is built to throw RPOs" - Sark. Urban Meyer, now Ryan Day. Dabo Swinney. Their teams score points. Elite athletes want to play in those systems.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    Good run down on his con’s

I’m in though He’s gonna be awesome
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Baseman said:

A 6'1 Air Raid QB. Never taken a HS snap under center. Below average speed. Avg pocket agility.

His plus --not elite -- arm strength plays up because of Sam's elite accuracy and decision making.

I'm skeptical how this will translate in Donovan's under center offense. I love Sam but I'm a seller at the current valuation.

Donovan hasn't figured out the modern day successful offenses all have this philosophy. "We’re an RPO team that runs the football. If you’re gonna let us run the ball, then we will continue to run the ball. The moment you say we’re gonna take away the run, our system is built to throw RPOs" - Sark. Urban Meyer, now Ryan Day. Dabo Swinney. Their teams score points. Elite athletes want to play in those systems.

I agree with everything you've said here. I don't think Donovan's offense is a perfect fit for Huard (or any QB for that matter).

OTOH, I think Huard is the perfect fit for Donovan's offense. He wants to run first, run second, run third and then hit you with a playaction bomb over the top. There was plenty to complain about last season but the willingness to throw it deep was there. Morris is just absolutely abysmal at that particular throw.

Huard, conversely, has scary deep ball accuracy, combined with plenty of arm strength.

Last year's team scores at least another touchdown per game with Huard.

That's not enough to make an elite offense - the offensive philosophy is terrible and needs to be changed. But it's enough to win the vast majority of games with this schedule and this defense.

Huard won't win us an NC with the offense as presently constructed. But I don't think there's a QB anywhere who could.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,664 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Baseman said:

I agree with everything you've said here. I don't think Donovan's offense is a perfect fit for Huard (or any QB for that matter).

OTOH, I think Huard is the perfect fit for Donovan's offense. He wants to run first, run second, run third and then hit you with a playaction bomb over the top. There was plenty to complain about last season but the willingness to throw it deep was there. Morris is just absolutely abysmal at that particular throw.

Huard, conversely, has scary deep ball accuracy, combined with plenty of arm strength.

That's not enough to make an elite offense - the offensive philosophy is terrible and needs to be changed. But it's enough to win the vast majority of games with this schedule and this defense.

Huard won't win us an NC with the offense as presently constructed. But I don't think there's a QB anywhere who could.
    Lmao another td per game with huard huh?

You really are king doog
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Baseman said:

You really are king doog
    Your crush on me is cute.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Keep in mind Baseman loved Skinny.

Does Sam have “it” in him like Skinny did?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,850 Founders Club

I thought he was pasting Ballz
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

The offense is great. Getting rid of Nick Holt and improving the defense will make us much better

This is the iron law of the boy with his finger in the dike bad teams always have a bad unit

Huard could be great. Then the defense will start giving up 40 points a game

Husky Fever

This is the race I know.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,664 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Baseman said:

You really are king doog
    One more possession a game that results in a TD does not seem like an outlandish ask to me if the qb is top-shelf.
    The kid is in high school HTH
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Cute. Did you purposely omit Skinny's options at WR or did you forget what he had to work with?

I love Skinny and Sam. Out of the shotgun with good receivers they post big numbers. UW provides neither.

I'd prefer a dual threat. Billy Joe, Brunnell, and Tui were sort of good.

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    dnc said:

Baseman said:

Jack Locker was supposed to win Rosebowls and shit.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Did he enroll already? Typically when we start hating on the recruits
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,635 Founders Club
    Only to see Sam Huard enter the portal after the 2022 season