Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cohen fired Wynn two weeks ago? The tournament is pretty much over and still no coach. Am I wrong or do most competent AD's have someone lined up when they let go of their current coach? A professional assistant, a lower level HC, a coach that just finished a tournament run. Someone. The coaches left in the tournament aren't coming to UW. So unless its an assistant at UConn, Stanford or Baylor then Cohen didn't have a ready answer waiting when she fired Wynn and that unfortunately has turned out to be no big surprise. I'd transfer too. This is why retaining or firing Hopkins is a mute point, the hiring process will just be fucked up. I have zero confidence in the captain steering the ship anymore. DOOMED
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Leah shows some skills there that may be helpful in attracting new recruits.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I found it interesting that Cohen said one her associate AD's would take the lead in looking for the next women's BB Coach.

I would think being the AD at UW, she would be the point person in making the hire for one of the top 3 coaches spots at most P5 programs (it might be one of 4 here b/c of softball program but my point still stands)
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    godawgst said:

I found it interesting that Cohen said one her associate AD's would take the lead in looking for the next women's BB Coach.

I would think being the AD at UW, she would be the point person in making the hire for one of the top 3 coaches spots at most P5 programs (it might be one of 4 here b/c of softball program but my point still stands)

Agree 100%. Unless she's delegating it because she's leading the search for Hop's replacement there's no fucking excuse.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

Agree 100%. Unless she's delegating it because she's leading the search for Hop's replacement there's no fucking excuse.
    She can't afford to go 0-2 on basketball hires especially if her annointment of Jimmy Lake stumbles.

WellbyeJen.gif.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:
    Sorry. But this hits me harder than any of the men's team's departures. FML
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,913
    Founders Club

dnc said:

godawgst said:

She can't afford to go 0-2 on basketball hires especially if her annointment of Jimmy Lake stumbles.

WellbyeJen.gif.

Who is going to fire her?