Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alvin Kamara and Cam Jordan rip NFL over 17-game season

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Not sure how much I care. Mostly it will bother me because it will skew the record books.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Not sure how much I care. Mostly it will bother me because it will skew the record books.

The players' bodies break down tremendously during the season. There's a certain point where you're killing the golden goose. And I agree that the records will be meaningless now. I'll bet they will make expanded playoffs permanent too. Aren't they making enough money? This is a tactical mistake.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The players' bodies break down tremendously during the season. There's a certain point where you're killing the golden goose. And I agree that the records will be meaningless now. I'll bet they will make expanded playoffs permanent too. Aren't they making enough money? This is a tactical mistake.
    I agree with that, but the players agreed to this in the last CBA so they can't act surprised that the owners are implementing it. I think they're also doing away with 2 preseason games, and they only practice in pads 13 times a year now, though.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Expanded playoffs are here to stay.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Every other sport is in decline except for the NFL. Wonder why?