Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Nate Kalepo just RT'ed this from Wednesday

Comments

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,291 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Getting a guy like this really is like getting a 5 star recruit.

Hit the portal Jimmy. Bring in sure things like this guy.

Can someone tell Jimmy that it looks fucking retarded to capitalize every word in a sentence? We need to nip this in the bud before it gets out of control.
    Nope. Dumb plays great these days 👍🏻
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I had no idea who he was, but he’s another safety. Bring him in. Get Turner out. We will improve if we do. Accepting softness plagues programs.

He seems like a pretty good player. Good stats, has some picks, 8 TFL last year.

Edit: He’s supposedly an All American. 3rd team AP, but still. He would be a huge get.

Should have three years of eligibility left too (if needed)
    I’m happy the coaches see the same thing we do. It’s a glaring weak link. Cook starting wasn’t a good thing either.
    I doubt he's coming here, there's no reason to think he would come all the way across the country other than one Kalepo RT, but damn he's definitely not a pussy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu3l4kCLd-M&t=1s
    Whoa. He's a bad ass. Holy shit. He's one of those guys who hits a lot harder than he looks like he's going to. Watch the way their bodies react to the impact of him compared to the other tacklers.

Why the hell would a guy like this be in the portal? He's killing it where he is.
    You clearly have never been to Morgantown
    My family settled and named Morgantown motherfucker. Don't tell me!

True story. But you're right. Never been. Most likely never will.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

dnc said:

Can someone tell Jimmy that it looks fucking retarded to capitalize every word in a sentence? We need to nip this in the bud before it gets out of control.
    #everythingmatters
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,123 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

A few years ago, I stupidly took a temporary position at work that would spare me from rotating shifts (switching between day shifts and night shifts every week, which just destroys your body and has you living in a slight fog all the time) and put me on straight day shifts. The downside to this--and why I'm counting the days until this year is over and I can go back to my old jerb--is that the new jerb fucking suuuuuuucks. I spend most of my time rewriting operating procedures so they make sense. There are reasons why this is a horrible, thankless way to spend my time, but there are also the more minor but constant annoyances such as correcting capitalization mistakes.

You see, you work in oil, you're not exactly surrounded by a bunch of TCU MBAs. English is a second language, and swearing and grunting and cave painting is the first. For some reason--and this is universal, pretty much across every document in the whole plant--nobody who has ever worked in refining studied capitalization rules in elementary school. The result, I'm assuming, is that the neanderthal brain encounters an opportunity to capitalize a word and just punts, throwing the big letter in there for fear of accidentally missing one. Therefore, every single noun in our procedures, company emails, operating orders, etc. are capitalized. Every. Single. One.

In a way, it's even worse than capitalizing every single word or shouting in all-caps. In those cases, the person is just admitting that they're nearly illiterate right off the bat ("I'm not even going to try to pretend I have higher than a third grade education, so get your laughs in and read my tweet..."), but at least that's honest. Only capitalizing every noun is more subtle yet more dishonest: You know you're an idiot, but you're trying to pretend you're not. I can't handle it, so I stupidly waste about a quarter of my time fixing it on every document I work on.
    That sounds fucking terrible. I never used to notice this problem. I know where this illiterate unnecessary capitalization started, but I don't want to start a political argument.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,916 Founders Club

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I had no idea who he was, but he’s another safety. Bring him in. Get Turner out. We will improve if we do. Accepting softness plagues programs.

He seems like a pretty good player. Good stats, has some picks, 8 TFL last year.

Edit: He’s supposedly an All American. 3rd team AP, but still. He would be a huge get.

Should have three years of eligibility left too (if needed)
    I’m happy the coaches see the same thing we do. It’s a glaring weak link. Cook starting wasn’t a good thing either.
    I doubt he's coming here, there's no reason to think he would come all the way across the country other than one Kalepo RT, but damn he's definitely not a pussy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu3l4kCLd-M&t=1s
    Kalepo delivers the bag. Still have high hopes for the kid
    ISWYDT
    What does this stand for again?
    Mods?
    Huh?
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    This might be the out of region transfer Ektard was referring to last week
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    This would be a HUGE 10 star recruit
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Please god. He’s incredible
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    edited March 2021
    90 coverage grade even though PFF can be sketchy
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

90 coverage grade even though PFF can be sketchy

What? The devil you say.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,338 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2021

dnc said:

A few years ago, I stupidly took a temporary position at work that would spare me from rotating shifts (switching between day shifts and night shifts every week, which just destroys your body and has you living in a slight fog all the time) and put me on straight day shifts. The downside to this--and why I'm counting the days until this year is over and I can go back to my old jerb--is that the new jerb fucking suuuuuuucks. I spend most of my time rewriting operating procedures so they make sense. There are reasons why this is a horrible, thankless way to spend my time, but there are also the more minor but constant annoyances such as correcting capitalization mistakes.

You see, you work in oil, you're not exactly surrounded by a bunch of TCU MBAs. English is a second language, and swearing and grunting and cave painting is the first. For some reason--and this is universal, pretty much across every document in the whole plant--nobody who has ever worked in refining studied capitalization rules in elementary school. The result, I'm assuming, is that the neanderthal brain encounters an opportunity to capitalize a word and just punts, throwing the big letter in there for fear of accidentally missing one. Therefore, every single noun in our procedures, company emails, operating orders, etc. are capitalized. Every. Single. One.

In a way, it's even worse than capitalizing every single word or shouting in all-caps. In those cases, the person is just admitting that they're nearly illiterate right off the bat ("I'm not even going to try to pretend I have higher than a third grade education, so get your laughs in and read my tweet..."), but at least that's honest. Only capitalizing every noun is more subtle yet more dishonest: You know you're an idiot, but you're trying to pretend you're not. I can't handle it, so I stupidly waste about a quarter of my time fixing it on every document I work on.
    That sounds fucking terrible. I never used to notice this problem. I know where this illiterate unnecessary capitalization started, but I don't want to start a political argument.
    When did the dollar sign start coming after the number? Drives me crazy.

30$