Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL DOOR. ASS. OUT. Roster Genocide Thread

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Lol this thread has been pinned for 2.5 years, (and probably should've been posted earlier) with no end in sight.

What did we do to deserve this

Hired Jen Cohen
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Lol this thread has been pinned for 2.5 years, (and probably should've been posted earlier) with no end in sight.

Hired Jen Cohen
    Meanwhile pool boy keeps winning national titles on the bayou.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Hired Jen Cohen
    This bored's been wrong about many things but not sure we've ever been more wrong about anything than Woodward.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Hired Jen Cohen
    This bored's been wrong about many things but not sure we've ever been more wrong about anything than Woodward.
    But we were right about the administration which is why we were wrong about Pool Boy

Some folks actually defended Emmert with their gloves off.

LSU CARES
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We got the starting Rutgers pg that Xavier and Notre Dame wanted, stating NIL as the reason we got him.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This roster has a bunch of pieces. The two new PGs together averaged almost as many assists per game as the entire UW roster combined. You’ve got a couple shooters, three players over 6’10” that have logged real CBB minutes, a couple young guards that could pop and a legit all conference small forward. I have zero confidence that Hopkins, even with HOF Larry Brown sitting next to him, will put it all together for a fun season. I’ll watch it all though because I’m a sucker, a loser and I hate myself.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,101

This roster has a bunch of pieces. The two new PGs together averaged almost as many assists per game as the entire UW roster combined. You’ve got a couple shooters, three players over 6’10” that have logged real CBB minutes, a couple young guards that could pop and a legit all conference small forward. I have zero confidence that Hopkins, even with HOF Larry Brown sitting next to him, will put it all together for a fun season. I’ll watch it all though because I’m a sucker, a loser and I hate myself.

I hate myself too👍🏻
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I hate myself but I will not watch. It really is just a shitty product. College basketball is a tough watch until March as it is and our program is limp. 5 mins into it I am always asking why am I even watching this?

Kill the program with fire.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hate myself but I will not watch. It really is just a shitty product. College basketball is a tough watch until March as it is and our program is limp. 5 mins into it I am always asking why am I even watching this?

Kill the program with fire.
    It’s the hate for one’s self that allows for the viewing of the unwatchable. If you had self respect you wouldn’t even watch the five minutes. The five minutes makes you loath yourself, then the drinking, then gracefully the game is over and whoops! You've done it to yourself again. Husky basketball is perfect for persons such as us. Embrace the spiral, the abyss has no bottom to touch nor light to see how far you’ve sunk.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched the opener. Koren Johnson looks like a different player. Seems like he can get to the basket whenever he wants and his shooting stroke looks much improved. They scored 91 tonight on a little sister of the poor and won by 34. I’ll just put it out there that last years team and many Husky teams in the last ten years have lost many home games to teams like Bellermine. After a slow start (trailed 22-15) they blew their doors off. Fun game to watch.

62% shooting
    50% threes
    19 assists on 36 baskets
    10 steals
    5 blocks
    Zero Zone defense

Koren 25pts
    Brooks 22pts
    Mulcahey 9pts 8reb 7asst
    Calmese 13pts 4asst
    Wood 7pts 5reb 2 asst

Wheeler DNP
    Yates DNP

I got a funny feeling about this team. They have a lot of interesting pieces. I’m curious to see how Wheeler and Yates play and fit into what I saw tonight. I’ll definitely tune in Thursday.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The worst thing that could happen is Hopkins getting an 11 seed this year and the AD deciding to keep him around two more years. They need to suck for one more season.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,101
    Do we know why Wheeler was out?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The worst thing that could happen is Hopkins getting an 11 seed this year and the AD deciding to keep him around two more years. They need to suck for one more season.

I want to see them against Xavier and other teams with a pulse before I start thinking NCAA. It is Hopkins we’re talking about. The product on the floor, win or lose, is more pleasing to the eye. Man to man defense and a semblance of a motion offense. It wasn’t unwatchable. If this is what Johnson is going to look like I’ll tune in for him alone. He was special yesterday.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nevada ran the same play on UW about 25 times and Hopkins never adjusted. Their PG scored 30 mostly against our centers on defensive switches. Hopkins has well known offensive AIDS. I’d forgotten this. He’s going to ruin what should be a pretty good team. Shame on me for having optimism. 16-16 incoming.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    CB to UW for Zoom Diallo. Should buy Hop another year
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 183
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

CB to UW for Zoom Diallo. Should buy Hop another year

Saw this from 3 different sources, sounds legit. I can’t see why Zoom would tho. Look what’s headed out the door for UW after this season, Brooks, Mulchay, Wood, Meah(Probably), Kepnang, Wheeler and Holland. That is like 90% of your game production. They have one G committed who wasn’t exactly on power 5 radars… UW needs 2-3 bigs and a proven scorer from the portal, just don’t see it happening. Maybe he’s a one and done and sees an opportunity to have a lot of the ball night in night out?