Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marcus Tshsthsthonis couch sale

Comments

• Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tsohonis and Battle would bum me out... the rest, who cares?

Also, I'm pretty sure Hamier has no eligibility other than grad transferring... and who would take him? He fucking blows.

Edit: Ah I guess there's an extra year of eligibility cause of Covid... welp... I hope Wright moves on anyway.

SEVEN rumored transfers. Five you don’t care about and two would mildly bum you out.

And the person responsible for that roster should get another year?
    And you sit here and bitch about something you know isn't going to happen.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

I’d rather keep the roster and lose Hop than lose the roster and keep Hop.

Couldn’t disagree more

Some of the guys leaving could be decent P12 role players maybe but nobody in that group is a difference maker ... I suspect most will drop at least one level of a conference

This is effectively gutting the roster for the next coach which IMO is preferable to the next coach having to come in and burn bridges step 1
    These kids aren’t being run off they’re abandoning this sinking ship.

If Hop could recruit it would be one thing. He can’t.

He’s going to replace them with even worse players.
    They can be leaving for any given reason ... leaving Hop is as good of a reason as any.

But for your argument to hold and mine to be wrong, you'd be betting on these players finding themselves playing meaningful roles at peer programs. I don't know if you're going to find that.

Honestly at this point, I'm not sure if I care if Hop can bring in transfers that turn things around next year or falls on his face in a way that makes his firing this time next year a formality.

But I'm also not going to sit and act like everybody leaving the program is a huge loss ...

When Ty Jones, Puka, and Chincredible left the program, we've been really quick to call out the losses. We seem to forget that Jones went to Fresno and Chin went to Sacramento St. Puka leaving appears to have as much to do with external factors as anything and both him and his brother went to BYU. In all cases, they left to play at lower levels.

Then compare the players that were brought in to football being highly rated guys coming from major programs.

I think one thing people need to get used to is that the transfer portal is as much about solving your misses in past recruiting as it is players looking for new opportunities. I don't know as a coach if I'd be active in pushing a player to the portal per se. I would tell him what I their role on the team next year being. If that's not acceptable then I'm ok with the player entering the portal. And as soon as the player hits the portal, as far as I'm concerned, if I'm not actively trying to retain that player, then it's don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Sorry not sorry.
  • Options
    dnc said:
    Hameir Wright: Assuming he wants to continue playing, I see moving back closer to his home and playing either mid-tier or lower Big East (UConn, Providence) or perhaps A-10 (Dayton, Bonnies, etc)

Nate Roberts: Similar type of deal as Wright. He's a role/bench player for a higher end conference team and maybe he heads back to DC to play with Georgetown. Instead, I could see him being a guy that drops down to play MAAC (someone that maybe Pitino take a shot on at Iona) or the CAA where his size/athleticism will be a stark contrast against most of the other players.

Erik Stevenson: This will be 3 schools in 3 years which just screams someone that thinks higher of his abilities than what they really are. He likely views himself as a high end scorer and will be looking for spots where he can do so. I could see him landing at a mid-tier WCC team or perhaps a MWC team like Boise. High end for him would be coming in as a 6th man type player for a San Diego St, Nevada, etc.

Nate Pryor: I see him as a Big Sky player at best. Could see him dropping down to play for Seattle U.

Jarran Brooks: Similar to Pryor in that he's probably in the Big Sky or Seattle U caliber.

Marcus Tsohonis: I think I mentioned previously that I can see him being a very good player for a WCC or Big West team. I think he's good enough to get away playing in the MWC. Frankly, he's not tough enough to play P5.

Raequan Battle: He's absolutely a guy that could head to a WCC, Big Sky, or Big West program and become a volume scorer if he can figure out what a good shot is ... which will help him find consistency.

So of the 7 players leaving the program, I'd be shocked if 4 of them ended up playing anywhere close to a high major level. The only one that I'd bet on is Wright as he's got a track record of being a role player that can play on a decent squad being supported by good players around them. Perhaps Stevenson gets a bit. Tsohonis could get a bite but I think he needs to go somewhere and play before considering a move back to a high major level.

All in all, you can see why this team wasn't good ... when it comes to finding a destination for them they are a bunch of role players at best, none are difference makers, and trying to find a landing spot almost assuredly results in a level or multi-level drop.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Also, I'm pretty sure Hamier has no eligibility other than grad transferring... and who would take him? He fucking blows.

Edit: Ah I guess there's an extra year of eligibility cause of Covid... welp... I hope Wright moves on anyway.

SEVEN rumored transfers. Five you don’t care about and two would mildly bum you out.

And you actively campaign in support of something you know won’t work.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

But for your argument to hold and mine to be wrong, you'd be betting on these players finding themselves playing meaningful roles at peer programs. I don't know if you're going to find that.

Bullshit. All I said is I'd rather lose the shit coach than the shit roster. By your convoluted reasoning for your argument to hold you've have to be betting on Hop to find a HC job at a peer program.

We both know that ain't happening.
  • Options
    In a perfect world Hop gets fired ... nobody is arguing that point.

Reality is that he's not getting fired because we're not buying him out.

So we end up losing players that are dead weight on the roster next year, the year after, etc.

I'd rather Hop is cleaning out those players than the next guy
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

In a perfect world Hop gets fired ... nobody is arguing that point.

This whole subthread has been you arguing how you "Couldn’t disagree more" with the idea better to lose Hop than the players but sure.gif.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    Standard Supporter
    My biggest fear is that Hop scraps together a group that wins a couple big games, ends up like 6th or 7th in the Pac and gets into the NIT or something.

Then all the Doog Fains of the world go full court press on "this team is making progress. You can't throw all this away now. He deserves at least 2, probably 3 more years and Jen Cohen knows that."
  • Options
    ReignManReignMan Member Posts: 217
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Hop burns this kids redshirt because he had no clue if his starting point guard was going to class or not because he was to busy high fiving and hugging his players, like a good asst. coach would do. Then this year he sits him, plays him, sits him, plays him.

This is such a joke, its so obvious what has to happen and we just get to watch it spiral out of control. Can you imagine the season ticket count next year, will make the buyout look cheap.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

My biggest fear is that Hop scraps together a group that wins a couple big games, ends up like 6th or 7th in the Pac and gets into the NIT or something.

Then all the Doog Fains of the world go full court press on "this team is making progress. You can't throw all this away now. He deserves at least 2, probably 3 more years and Jen Cohen knows that."

I expect the worst from this basketball program. I expect the worst from this Athletic Director.

I have no hope anything is going to be fixed.

Since I have no hope, I also have no fear.
    I've never felt so free and unencumbered
  • Options

Almost as futile as watching you break down every game from our magical 5-21 campaign.
    Been over this 1,000 times with you people...

Never gonna be sheep negadawg you want me to be... so until I'm banned on this forum you get to put up with it.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Almost as futile as watching you break down every game from our magical 5-21 campaign.
    Been over this 1,000 times with you people...

Never gonna be sheep negadawg you want me to be... so until I'm banned on this forum you get to put up with it.
    Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate at least one person giving a shit and documenting what's happening. But I'm also under a @dnc bullying contract, so I'm required to harass you.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Heard a rumor that Jaquori McLauglin would be interested in transferring here if he doesn’t get NBA buzz. Was an All-American.
  • Options

Heard a rumor that Jaquori McLauglin would be interested in transferring here if he doesn’t get NBA buzz. Was an All-American.

Was a UW commit once upon a tim. Would be chinteresting.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Was a UW commit once upon a tim. Would be chinteresting.
    He’s unreal. Goes to the school i currently go to. Watched him all year. He’s a NBA guard. I really hope so!
  • Options
    MRTMRT Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    Since you guys are hearing rumors, perhaps someone is hearing the Tari Eason is coming here too? Green, Eason and McLaughlin might just deliver us to a sixth place Pac12 finish next year and deliver Hop his unprecedented (other than Altman) third Pac 12 coach of the year award in 5 years.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,068
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

His dad was all over Dawgman, and was all dawgs, then like #1 antagonist. That was the year they got the commitment from the a 6'7 point guard from Vancouver BC, then decommit, then Mclaughlin, decommit.
  • Options
    McLaughin was in the same recruiting class as Markelle Fultz... unreal he's still got a chance to play college ball.