Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biden considering executive action on gun control

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Not that a lot of short term damage can’t be inflicted via EO, but ultimately the dolt and his handlers cannot change laws, not legally anyway. Anything these idiots do that crosses that line can be challenged in court. As for gumming up the works with agency orders, the next admin that actually respects the constitution can eliminate them with the magic pen.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,380
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nothing has changed. Doesn't matter. Relax
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yep its Trump's fault

Thats why I voted for Biden. To protect gun nuts
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

A gun control EO sounds like a great way to enrage a large and vocal portion of ones constituency.

That will be in front of SCOTUS within a month.

Good luck with that.

I think politicians have embraced gun rights and won't go after guns
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The Trump EO on bump stocks was a huge mistake and a dangerous precedent to set, especially since hardly anyone has them. It was completely useless, and could definitely bite us in the ass if Biden tries to start banning things via EO.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The Trump EO on bump stocks was a huge mistake and a dangerous precedent to set, especially since hardly anyone has them. It was completely useless, and could definitely bite us in the ass if Biden tries to start banning things via EO.
    I had a fleeting thought about that at the tim, but naively went pragmatism on that. I never did fully trust Trump on 2A. New York Democrat, after all.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Someone on this board last night told me this narrative by Biden was a photoshop job. Staff? Tru?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://newsmax.com/politics/gop-attorneys-general-push-back-biden/2021/03/24/id/1014942/

Trump issues EOs and dem states go to fed court

Biden issues EOs and repub states go to fed court

Just like the founding dads drew it up
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,924
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Bump stocks aren't guns and not a necessary part for a working gun. Nonetheless, Trump should have stayed away from that EO. Now an AR-15 is a gun and a 30 shot magazine is a working part of the gun. I'd see that as a crucial difference and under 2A protection.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

On the one hand I abhor the idea of this dolt changing Constitutional Rights (can you make an EO that attacks my civil rights? - is that even legal?) by pen stroke. On the other hand perhaps this does signal Manchin isn't going to play along, which is a good thing.

In either case, fuck off Joe.

As we've discussed many a time, eventually the issue of the legality of owning "scary looking" auto-loading rifles is going to have to be decided on by The SCOTUS. What better time to get it on in court once and for all when Team 2A has 5 or 6 slam dunk votes?

Why not get it over with now?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,807

Bump stocks aren't guns and not a necessary part for a working gun. Nonetheless, Trump should have stayed away from that EO. Now an AR-15 is a gun and a 30 shot magazine is a working part of the gun. I'd see that as a crucial difference and under 2A protection.

A buttstock is a working part of any rifle.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Here's the thing, you don't live in a Constitutional Republic or a Democracy. You have been living in a Corporation since the days of Ulysses S. Grant. The original Constitution no longer applies. The courts are rotted beyond repair, and SCROTUM is controlled by the Vatican.

This is patently obvious, when the CEO of the Corporation of the United States of the City of London can issue executive orders that regularly violate the US Constitution, and get away with it every time. They can legally spray you like insects from the air with chemtrails and conduct military biological experiments on you.

There is only one solution, and that is to simultaneously remove every last rat in every position of power in every institution in every nation that has been corrupted by the NWO (S)Elections System.

They all have to go.

I’ll be ded after sat anyhow. You can have my guns in the will.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

On the one hand I abhor the idea of this dolt changing Constitutional Rights (can you make an EO that attacks my civil rights? - is that even legal?) by pen stroke. On the other hand perhaps this does signal Manchin isn't going to play along, which is a good thing.

In either case, fuck off Joe.

As we've discussed many a time, eventually the issue of the legality of owning "scary looking" auto-loading rifles is going to have to be decided on by The SCOTUS. What better time to get it on in court once and for all when Team 2A has 3 or 4 slam dunk votes?

Why not get it over with now?
    ftfy