Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ektard teasing another portal #woof

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

haie said:

I mean, if our supposed good trait is that we develop people and have a record of doing so then this is a very good sign if our staff has gotten 3 transfers, one of which whom we originally wanted badly (Martin), the other two we would have taken, plus a now disgruntled SC player.

If we're supplementing "okay" classes with this, where the player committed elsewhere found their staff was shit and will commit to our system, then we aren't doing so poorly and again, we need to let the results speak for themselves on the field.

Again, LIFPO with Jimmy. The guys we've gotten it's clear the message has been "you fit here, you lacked coaching which we'll provide, and you will contribute here."

We always seem a player or three away from actually being really good. The portal can fix that. Getting Bookie was big. Getting Galeotote or whatever his name is would be great too. Ideally they supplant Turner and Sirmon, who were our two worst starters on defense.
    I think free agency in college will work better than the NFL

Those late seventies championship Yankee teams weren't built through the farm system. The Tampa Bucs won without J. Winston.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If we get IE. Who scoring on this defense? (assuming the IDL guys get better)

Who's IE?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

C'mon man, that post is from 2017 when they were still in HS together.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I mean, if our supposed good trait is that we develop people and have a record of doing so then this is a very good sign if our staff has gotten 3 transfers, one of which whom we originally wanted badly (Martin), the other two we would have taken, plus a now disgruntled SC player.

If we're supplementing "okay" classes with this, where the player committed elsewhere found their staff was shit and will commit to our system, then we aren't doing so poorly and again, we need to let the results speak for themselves on the field.

Again, LIFPO with Jimmy. The guys we've gotten it's clear the message has been "you fit here, you lacked coaching which we'll provide, and you will contribute here."

We always seem a player or three away from actually being really good. The portal can fix that. Getting Bookie was big. Getting Galeotote or whatever his name is would be great too. Ideally they supplant Turner and Sirmon, who were our two worst starters on defense.
    I think free agency in college will work better than the NFL

You gotta overpay for a good free agent in the NFL. You don’t have to give up anything for one in college. We have a good portal type program too, at least on defense.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

I know we rip on Fleenor a lot but every once in awhile he has some decent inside info.

This morning he posted that Palaie Goateoatae could be the possible transfer Eklund was alluding to

If this is true then I love how Ektard said it wasn’t a position of need. Has he seen Sirmon Play? Or seen how where recruited there? This would be a big upgrade.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    OreDawg said:

I know we rip on Fleenor a lot but every once in awhile he has some decent inside info.

This morning he posted that Palaie Goateoatae could be the possible transfer Eklund was alluding to

If this is true then I love how Ektard said it wasn’t a position of need. Has he seen Sirmon Play? Or seen how where recruited there? This would be a big upgrade.
    The LPT has been very forceful in their narrative that ILB is one of the deepest and most talented roster spots on the team.
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sirmon should be on special teams. We got Will Latu true fresh coming in as well as incumbents Hemmuli and Calvert who should show something soon. But Palaie would be a huge upgrade period not sure how you can’t even see that with purple glasses.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021
    Weº are full, are we not?
  • Options

We're full until we're not
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Wow I’m shocked!
  • Options

Wow I’m shocked!
    I'm pretty sure Bananas is being sarcasmic
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,840
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

We're full until we're not
    Transfers and walk-on's only.

We’re limited to 16 player recruiting classes per the new Jimmy no ballz lake recruiting handbook.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Wow I’m shocked!
    Fleenor also thinks Biden is likely to win

• Options

dnc said:

Wow I’m shocked!
    Fleenor also thinks Biden is likely to win

BOOM, ROASTED!!