Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    So you're a fan of the corporatist/globalist agenda.

This kills many mom and pops.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I don't disagree, but Clinton and Obama did nothing to stop it

So time for the Dems to stop fagging out by cancelling cartoon characters and children's books, promoting mentally ill trans lifestyles, and selling out to China and letting big tech and just about every other major corporate entity rule us.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Reagan emptied the mental hospitals too and according to @BearsWiin is controlling the GOP and Democrats from the grave

Quite the dude

The US Congress killed wages and the free flow of cheap exploitable labor that you support plays a big role in that

But sure blame Dutch. He's dead
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Reaganomics was pretty damned Keynesian, though it claimed to be something different. Some of Reagan's policies may have contributed to declines in worker's wages, but the decline has continued unabated, as Bill said.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Anyone who complains about stagnate entry level/low skill job wages and supports illegal immigration and or the importation of millions of low skilled, poorly educated immigrants is a fucking fraud who should be ignored.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    My only point to wages is supply and demand

Not every job is designed to be tied to a full time employee

For example, washing dishes in a restaurant isn’t meant to be a career choice

I’d be very interested in seeing what a sliding scale minimum wage looks like for certain ages and jobs.

Let’s also be realistic that high minimum wage results in higher prices. I’m more than happy to see higher minimum wage when it comes to places like McDonald’s that over compensates their prices. I laugh at food delivery with obscene delivery fees during the pandemic. Restaurants about to be packed with better food and competitive prices on the other end of COVID as a example.

But let’s get the right people doing the right jobs at the right prices.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

My only point to wages is supply and demand

Not every job is designed to be tied to a full time employee

For example, washing dishes in a restaurant isn’t meant to be a career choice

I’d be very interested in seeing what a sliding scale minimum wage looks like for certain ages and jobs.

Let’s also be realistic that high minimum wage results in higher prices. I’m more than happy to see higher minimum wage when it comes to places like McDonald’s that over compensates their prices. I laugh at food delivery with obscene delivery fees during the pandemic. Restaurants about to be packed with better food and competitive prices on the other end of COVID as a example.

But let’s get the right people doing the right jobs at the right prices.

Illegal immigration and the minimum wage means less jobs for American citizens.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    And imagine what rents and mortgages would cost then, Thom Hartmann.

But he's an experienced business mogul, because he and his wife once owned a travel agency....

before they went extinct.