Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Myles Jack

New here, so my apologies if this was covered a couple months ago.

We were informed elsewhere (snicker) that UW didn't sign Myles Jack because:
1. He wasn't really from Washington.
2. He was going to have a hard time qualifying
3. He was a bad kid

But in this article from the LA Times before the Huskies played UCLA in November, it sounds like UW's staff simply got outhustled and outsmarted by Jim Mora ...

From the article: Jack started attending Washington games as a high school sophomore. "I'd watch games and go, 'That's going to be me on defense. That's me playing in front of this crowd,'" Jack said.

As signing day approached last winter, the former staff's "plan" consisted of offering Jack's buddy from Interlake an official visit to UW and a roster spot as an invited Husky walk-on. Of course, when Jack stuck with his commitment to UCLA, the invited walk-on opportunity suddenly disappeared into thin air (And some folks wondered why Jack seemed disdainful toward UW's former coaches).

I bring this up only because Chris Peterson managed to turn around Budda Baker in a month's time ... and he did it, as best we can tell, without resorting to some half-assed attempt to repair a relationship that should've never been broken in the first place.

Comments