Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

James Harden acting as Kyrie Irving whisperer for Nets?

13»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021

Clips are done without Leonard. I would have rather watched the Clippers vs Phoenix than the Jazz. The Jazz are a boring team.

I can't recall ever rooting for Utah

I don't really want the Clippers or Suns either

But the Clippers would definitely be more entertaining

If KD stays healthy hang the banner
    I’ve always hated the Clippers. I think Doc Rivers is a shitty coach and hated how they defended all their early exits. I enjoy watching them lose and not progress since getting rid of Sterling.

Doc Rivers and CP3 are gone but I still hate them. Paul George is one of the biggest underachievers and Kawaii left a title winner to go there. They still won’t win a title.
    Leaving Toronto always irked me. Siakam isn’t a true second star but he was great in the Finals. They had OG Anunoby coming back. A great GM. Lowry was the leader that Leonard and George aren’t. The Clippers traded for and then paid Luke Kennard, nuff said on that.
    If we dug far enough I posted here that 4 years for 64 million for Kennard was crazy.

Leaving Toronto after a championship irked me too. It’s wrong and there was no reason. They also had Van Vleet and Norman Powell. Kawaii is the most boring star in the league. Making Toronto a constant contender would have been perfect for him.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Classic Paul George performance tonight. Nothing on the line, game doesn’t matter at all, they’ll lose in this round or the next and he’s great.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Classic Paul George performance tonight. Nothing on the line, game doesn’t matter at all, they’ll lose in this round or the next and he’s great.

Guys like George and Butler got paid a lot of money for losing to LeBron every year

At least one of those Pacer teams should have won if PG was all that
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Clips are done without Leonard. I would have rather watched the Clippers vs Phoenix than the Jazz. The Jazz are a boring team.

I’ve always hated the Clippers. I think Doc Rivers is a shitty coach and hated how they defended all their early exits. I enjoy watching them lose and not progress since getting rid of Sterling.

Doc Rivers and CP3 are gone but I still hate them. Paul George is one of the biggest underachievers and Kawaii left a title winner to go there. They still won’t win a title.
    Leaving Toronto always irked me. Siakam isn’t a true second star but he was great in the Finals. They had OG Anunoby coming back. A great GM. Lowry was the leader that Leonard and George aren’t. The Clippers traded for and then paid Luke Kennard, nuff said on that.
    If we dug far enough I posted here that 4 years for 64 million for Kennard was crazy.

Leaving Toronto after a championship irked me too. It’s wrong and there was no reason. They also had Van Vleet and Norman Powell. Kawaii is the most boring star in the league. Making Toronto a constant contender would have been perfect for him.
    I don't blame him at all for leaving Toronto. Who the fuck wants to live in Canada 8 months of the year? Not to mention the taxes are probably worse than California and the weather sucks.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Also, anyone who ranks Ben Simmons as a star does not know basketball. The guy is completely useless in the 4th quarter. Can't believe Morey was too dumb to dump him for Harden. He's like Lamar Odom post-stroke and can't shoot.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't blame him at all for leaving Toronto. Who the fuck wants to live in Canada 8 months of the year? Not to mention the taxes are probably worse than California and the weather sucks.
    He's in the 13 percent state tax bracket in California so he's giving half his check with federal tax
  • Options
    Founders Club

He's in the 13 percent state tax bracket in California so he's giving half his check with federal tax
    Do the Raps players get paid in USD or CAD? Looks like the top bracket in Toronto is over 46%.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Do the Raps players get paid in USD or CAD? Looks like the top bracket in Toronto is over 46%.
    Don't know but he's probably fucked either place on taxes
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He is from LA and he wanted to go back. Are we condemning Lebron for winning in Cleveland then bouncing?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

He is from LA and he wanted to go back. Are we condemning Lebron for winning in Cleveland then bouncing?

Lebron is from Cleveland. And he did go back and win a ring for the old home town after losing in 07. He took them to 5 finals. Not a straight comparison
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Also, anyone who ranks Ben Simmons as a star does not know basketball. The guy is completely useless in the 4th quarter. Can't believe Morey was too dumb to dump him for Harden. He's like Lamar Odom post-stroke and can't shoot.

That should have been an easy call. It will never happen with Simmons and Embiid.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I will say, in defense of not trading Simmons for Harden, Harden and Embiid is a defensive disaster. Harden will not fight through screens, you have to switch, and Embiid can’t switch.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021

I will say, in defense of not trading Simmons for Harden, Harden and Embiid is a defensive disaster. Harden will not fight through screens, you have to switch, and Embiid can’t switch.

Harden isn’t as bad of a defender as he’s hyped up to be and can defend as a small ball 4. I watched a Zach Lowe or some other basketball nerd break it down.

Simmons defense isn’t worth what Harden would bring on the offensive end.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Lebron is from Cleveland. And he did go back and win a ring for the old home town after losing in 07. He took them to 5 finals. Not a straight comparison
    My guy in Akron has requested a sit down.