Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka, hardly knew ya

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,923
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If he's going to go anywhere I'm glad it's BYU. They fucking sucked even with a top 2 NFL draft pick at QB, and they'll be further irrelevant with him gone.

But Christ, this is just one disaster after another. There's plenty of rumblings going around that Puka was like an odd right-wing Dante Pettis with some strange interests, and a combination of that and his political beliefs led to him being somewhat alienated in the locker room. He was also allegedly patient zero for covid - so I'm sure that didn't make him many friends when the season got cancelled. Shitty if true, but probably not something Lake himself could do much to influence. ATBSJLSS.

I'm patiently awaiting the random guy on the team tweet of something like "how u gon giv the whole team covid and cost us the championship and then be like that?"
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,427
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I have not gone through his Twitter feed, but didn't someone say that he removed all UW references?

That's not the sign of gratitude toward his brothers.
    Terrible and lazy take.
    He wrote the proper send-off, but it's not fully authentic. Something drove him from here.
    In hindsight, after what he said on KJR, and after committing to BYU with his brother, it's hard to blame Jimmy/Junior for this one. I'm gonna take Puka on his word.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,189
    edited March 2021

I have not gone through his Twitter feed, but didn't someone say that he removed all UW references?

That's not the sign of gratitude toward his brothers.
    Terrible and lazy take.
    He wrote the proper send-off, but it's not fully authentic. Something drove him from here.
    In hindsight, after what he said on KJR, and after committing to BYU with his brother, it's hard to blame Jimmy/Junior for this one. I'm gonna take Puka on his word.
    “take care of my family”

That makes me wanna Puke-a
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,721

If he's going to go anywhere I'm glad it's BYU. They fucking sucked even with a top 2 NFL draft pick at QB, and they'll be further irrelevant with him gone.

But Christ, this is just one disaster after another. There's plenty of rumblings going around that Puka was like an odd right-wing Dante Pettis with some strange interests, and a combination of that and his political beliefs led to him being somewhat alienated in the locker room. He was also allegedly patient zero for covid - so I'm sure that didn't make him many friends when the season got cancelled. Shitty if true, but probably not something Lake himself could do much to influence. ATBSJLSS.

Sounds like he just needed to find the Tug.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    One of the "insider" guys on dawgman is saying someone in the program told him that Puka was injured yet again (wearing a boot all offseason) and that other guys were passing him up. "Wasn't putting in the work" was also thrown into the conversation

He posted a text exchange
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,776
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sounds like he just needed to find the Tug.
    Quitters need not apply
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,647
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like WDWHA.

It's just one more thing adding to all the free, shitty pub.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

One of the "insider" guys on dawgman is saying someone in the program told him that Puka was injured yet again (wearing a boot all offseason) and that other guys were passing him up. "Wasn't putting in the work" was also thrown into the conversation

He posted a text exchange

In fairness, it must be hard to run routes with a boot on.

Was he hurt or were guys passing him up? It can't be both, classic doogman chit.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Whatever. Ill take Cade over Puka. Had all the talent in the world - and all the inconsistency too.

Maybe Jimmy sucks. Maybe he doesn't. We will know a lot by the 2nd game of the season.

Lifpo.

Everyone saying Jimbo is in over his head - it will be hilarious to see the backpedaling if this team wins 10 games.

The talent is one thing. It just sends a very strange message. The one thing Husky fans have pride themselves on, is that their program gets very little transfer outs or decommitments. That can no longer be said.
    I think the primary thing we? have had to hang our hats on is development. Our classes have generally outperformed their TBS rankings, our kids have generally outperformed their TBS rankings, and our kids have generally been drafted better than their TBS rankings.

The transfer/decommit thing is a lot lower down the list of doogasms.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Whatever. Ill take Cade over Puka. Had all the talent in the world - and all the inconsistency too.

Maybe Jimmy sucks. Maybe he doesn't. We will know a lot by the 2nd game of the season.

Lifpo.

Everyone saying Jimbo is in over his head - it will be hilarious to see the backpedaling if this team wins 10 games.

The talent is one thing. It just sends a very strange message. The one thing Husky fans have pride themselves on, is that their program gets very little transfer outs or decommitments. That can no longer be said.
    I think the primary thing we? have had to hang our hats on is development. Our classes have generally outperformed their TBS rankings, our kids have generally outperformed their TBS rankings, and our kids have generally been drafted better than their TBS rankings.

The transfer/decommit thing is a lot lower down the list of doogasms.
    They went together under CP. Kids didn’t leave and if they stuck around it paid off.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Gee Scott now mouthing off about this on Twitter adding he and his son into the narrative
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,656
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone know why he and Samson didn't just go to BYU in the first place? Seems like a very unnecessary path to get back there.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,776
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gee Scott now mouthing off about this on Twitter adding he and his son into the narrative

Where? I couldn't find anything
  • Options

Anyone know why he and Samson didn't just go to BYU in the first place? Seems like a very unnecessary path to get back there.

Not sure if accurate but 24/7 doesn’t show Samson as having a BYU offer.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,134
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I happily unfollowed that guy a long time ago. Still pops up in my timeline like an unflushed turd.