Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Russell Wilson get

A commission if Johnny Football goes top 3 in April's draft?

If Wilson doesn't win the Super Bowl Johnny Football is too small ...

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Had that same thought, Manziel is in play at number one and expected to be in the top 5. Without Wilson's success he's probably not going until the late first round, at the earliest.

Manziel's way more exciting than Wilson, but one of the things that makes Wilson so great is he hardly ever makes a bad decision. He's great at not taking big hits and not turning the ball over. Manziel's not great at either, he's really the antithesis of Wilson - high risk high reward guy.

I could see Manziel's career more closely resembling RG3 than Wilson - when things go right he could be incredible, when they go wrong he could be terrible.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Had that same thought, Manziel is in play at number one and expected to be in the top 5. Without Wilson's success he's probably not going until the late first round, at the earliest.

Manziel's way more exciting than Wilson, but one of the things that makes Wilson so great is he hardly ever makes a bad decision. He's great at not taking big hits and not turning the ball over. Manziel's not great at either, he's really the antithesis of Wilson - high risk high reward guy.

I could see Manziel's career more closely resembling RG3 AND Kaepernik than Wilson - when things go right he could be incredible, when they go wrong he could be terrible.

Had to include Kaepernik in the when things go right he looks incredible and when they go wrong he looks terrible.

NFC title game he looked fantastic those first three quarters making one great play after another. In the fourth quarter he lost his team the game and ultimately the championship with one bonehead mistake after another.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Kaepernick is good but I think his attitude will always hold him back from actually winning a Super Bowl (If I did this we win, If I did that etc.). He looked great against Carolina and Seattle for the 3 quarters as others have mentioned, but that 4th quarter was so dreck that Nick Montana probably could have done better.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    Kaepernick is above average, nothing about him is great but his running ability. A strong arm doesn't really mean shit. I've never been that impressed with him. He has a great supporting cast, maybe even the best in the NFL. A great OL that's been together for years, Frank Gore, Davis, Crabtree, and Boldin. Other than a good slot receiver, they have it all. You switch him with Russell and the 49ers win the division and probably the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

A commission if Johnny Football goes top 3 in April's draft?

If Wilson doesn't win the Super Bowl Johnny Football is too small ...

No, he won't.
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

I could see Manziel's career more closely resembling RG3 AND Kaepernik than Wilson - when things go right he could be incredible, when they go wrong he could be terrible.

Had to include Kaepernik in the when things go right he looks incredible and when they go wrong he looks terrible.
    If anything, its more a trait of Kaepernick than RG3. Griffin was, in addition to his athleticism, a great pure passer out of Baylor and still today easily better than Kaepernick or Manziel. I think him, Wilson, and Luck, are on a different level than the other young QBs in terms of passing. I hope he comes back to his old self because football is more fun with him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Griffin plays for a toxic franchise. He also made things too about himself with the endless promotions which turned off other guys on his team. Russell Wilson includes everyone and is a nice guy. He's all about winning and is a team guy. I read an article about Russell Wilson paying for all the offensive skill guys to train with him in Hermosa Beach. He paid for the whole thing even though he was one of the lowest paid guys. The worst someone could say about him is that he is corny.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Kaepernick is good but I think his attitude will always hold him back from actually winning a Super Bowl (If I did this we win, If I did that etc.). He looked great against Carolina and Seattle for the 3 quarters as others have mentioned, but that 4th quarter was so dreck that Nick Montana probably could have done better.

I mean he was one pass away last year. I don't think his attitude had anything to do with it.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2014

I mean he was one pass away last year. I don't think his attitude had anything to do with it.
    Yup if the refs would have called it. If I threw it an inch higher.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I knew it smelt funny...........