Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you could drop everything and travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?

Comments

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,602
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2021
    I think travel goes along with @YellowSnow’s other fine spice of life offerings
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,306
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Response to OP:

Great thread for the future Food & Travel Forum!

If things were China Virus normal, and I was offered and expense paid vacation, I’d like to visit the Swiss Alps or Tasmania. Swiss Alps in summer is one thing that has been on my list for a long time. That one Rick (UW alum) Steves episode where he visited the area above Interlaaken is what I want to see.

For a few weeks I've been thinking about a food forum or health and wellness forum, but I wasn't sure if it was enough to hold its own in this environment. But adding travel might be the ticket.
    At some point, you spread yourself too thin. I think we have about the right amount of subforums at this point. Each one has a fairly unique mission, and there's not a lot of overlap. Start breaking it down into finer and finer demographics, and discussion will suffer due to less and less window shopping.
    Agree. All the sports are well covered, plus the truck stop. Then, we've got:

Movies/Music/Cigars/Literature/Watches/Finer things + Polls - Yella
    Economics/Finance/Real Estate - Creepy
    Chinsider Info/Guns/Tits - Wigwam
    History/Military/Industry - History Channel presented by Stalin
    Politics/Pandemics/Thunderdome - Tug Presented by RaceBannon

We even have a Book Club and AnneLanders. We don't need anything else.
    1to392831weretaken makes a very good point. But I'm staying open to it
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Northern Argentina to find some of these.

You get the fish, I'll find her:

• Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

chuck said:

You get the fish, I'll find her:

Good lord
  • Options
    Founders Club

There have been times where I've wanted to post about certain foods or supplements, and while Yella's seemed like the closest match it still seemed like a square peg in a round hole, so I didn't usually post it at all.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Canada - to fish places like this in a helicopter. I did it once before but got hosed by the weather. I've been jonesing to go back and take another crack at it.

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2021
    LebamDawg said:

if any bored could be shut down its the football ones. WE SUCK? oops wrong thread,

where to? Travel a summer or two in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Upstate New York staying away from all populated areas, then thru southern Canada crossing into Upper Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota (family roots are in those three)

New England is the only area I haven't been

Edit: talking to the Mrs, it will be soon but not tomorrow we are going to runaway

Spent eight days in Boston and Hyannis in summer 2019. Obviously did Plymouth and drove out to Provincetown, but the interestingest surprise was going to the Whydah Museum on a lark our last day there.

https://www.discoverpirates.com

Museum dedicated to the only legit pirate wreck. Last month they announced the discovery of pirate bones among the wreckage, too

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/scholars-discover-six-skeletons-whydah-pirate-ship-180977011/

We will be flying to Maui next month because Aptos beach water isn't warm enough
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,084
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

There have been times where I've wanted to post about certain foods or supplements, and while Yella's seemed like the closest match it still seemed like a square peg in a round hole, so I didn't usually post it at all.
    I think food is arts and culture and the finer things in life. I’ll allow it.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

LebamDawg said:

if any bored could be shut down its the football ones. WE SUCK? oops wrong thread,

where to? Travel a summer or two in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Upstate New York staying away from all populated areas, then thru southern Canada crossing into Upper Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota (family roots are in those three)

New England is the only area I haven't been

Edit: talking to the Mrs, it will be soon but not tomorrow we are going to runaway

Spent eight days in Boston and Hyannis in summer 2019. Obviously did Plymouth and drove out to Provincetown, but the interestingest surprise was going to the Whydah Museum on a lark our last day there.

https://www.discoverpirates.com

Museum dedicated to the only legit pirate wreck. Last month they announced the discovery of pirate bones among the wreckage, too

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/scholars-discover-six-skeletons-whydah-pirate-ship-180977011/

We will be flying to Maui next month because Aptos beach water isn't warm enough
    I spent two summers working in the Cape about 20 years ago, been back several times since...great history trip, good chill trip.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    chuck said:

Looks like Dale Williams.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,650
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Who?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I didn’t know you were a river monster guy @chuck
    I watched all of them, but I knew about the golden Dorado a long time ago. I picked up a magazine at the dentist once, way back in the 80s, that ranked the best fighting, freshwater sport fish. These guys won by a mile.

I have always had them on my mind. I was surprised as hell when he featured them on that show. What a freakin paradise.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Canada - to fish places like this in a helicopter. I did it once before but got hosed by the weather. I've been jonesing to go back and take another crack at it.

Don't forget me!

I'll hopefully get on the Skeena system for steelhead at some point. My boss has fished most of it and has multiple, fly caught fish around 40". I wonder if I'd get run out of there for fishing a bobber and jig.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Who?
    This guy I know, he’s a fishing guide.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,327
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Response to OP:

Great thread for the future Food & Travel Forum!

If things were China Virus normal, and I was offered and expense paid vacation, I’d like to visit the Swiss Alps or Tasmania. Swiss Alps in summer is one thing that has been on my list for a long time. That one Rick (UW alum) Steves episode where he visited the area above Interlaaken is what I want to see.

For a few weeks I've been thinking about a food forum or health and wellness forum, but I wasn't sure if it was enough to hold its own in this environment. But adding travel might be the ticket.
    At some point, you spread yourself too thin. I think we have about the right amount of subforums at this point. Each one has a fairly unique mission, and there's not a lot of overlap. Start breaking it down into finer and finer demographics, and discussion will suffer due to less and less window shopping.
    Agree. All the sports are well covered, plus the truck stop. Then, we've got:

Movies/Music/Cigars/Literature/Watches/Finer things + Polls - Yella
    Economics/Finance/Real Estate - Creepy
    Chinsider Info/Guns/Tits - Wigwam
    History/Military/Industry - History Channel presented by Stalin
    Politics/Pandemics/Thunderdome - Tug Presented by RaceBannon

We even have a Book Club and AnneLanders. We don't need anything else.
    1to392831weretaken makes a very good point. But I'm staying open to it
    Chinned for the first time I've ever been told that.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2021

Washington DC.

whlinder said:

Australia. Only inhabited continent I haven’t been to.

#Metoo.

OY! OY! OY!
    Bullshit Throbber.

Your wheelhouse:

Amsterdam

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,084
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dflea said:

Don't forget me!

I'll hopefully get on the Skeena system for steelhead at some point. My boss has fished most of it and has multiple, fly caught fish around 40". I wonder if I'd get run out of there for fishing a bobber and jig.
    I will never judge. I fished some Pumpeii painted eggs off my bobber fly Rod rig with @dflea

I should have had the big plastic worm.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,327
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Lofoten archipelago is the craziest collision of man and geography that I've ever seen. Windows 10 has that lock screen slideshow that shows you a different amazing exotic location every day. Ever since the computers at work upgraded to Windows 10, it's been super cruel. You show up to a 12 hour shift of soul crushing paper pushing and start your day with a picture of somewhere amazing that you can't go to.

Anyway, Lofoten was one of the rare pictures in that slideshow that actually prompted me to look it up. I spent several hours on Google Maps just scrolling around and looking at all of the little occupied islands. I would totally go there for vacation.