Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WSJ: The former President is unhappy with us for recognizing reality

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Race shamed me into poasting this here.

TL;DR = Thanks for reading ;-}

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-georgia-rewrite-11614902503
Former Presidents and Vice Presidents have told us how psychologically difficult the early months of lost political power can be. We can therefore empathize if former President Trump is frustrated these days, and perhaps that explains his attack on us Thursday over his role in the GOP’s loss of the Senate.

“The Wall Street Journal editorial page continues, knowingly, to fight for globalist policies such as bad trade deals, open borders, and endless wars that favor other countries and sell out our great American workers, and they fight for RINOS that have so badly hurt the Republican Party,” Mr. Trump said in a statement. “That’s where they are and that’s where they will always be. Fortunately, nobody cares much about The Wall Street Journal editorial anymore.”

For someone who says we don’t matter, he sure spends a lot of time reading and responding to us. Thanks for the attention.

What really seems to rankle the most famous resident of Mar-a-Lago isn’t his caricature of our policy differences. It’s that we recognize the reality that Mr. Trump is the main reason Republicans lost two Georgia Senate races in January and thus the Senate majority. Mr. Trump refuses to take responsibility for those defeats, contrary to all evidence.

Mr. Trump’s statement blames the Georgia losses on GOP Gov. Brian Kemp and Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell. His rap on Mr. Kemp is that he didn’t fight hard enough to overturn the President’s loss of the state in November, a claim Mr. Trump turned into his main campaign theme before the Georgia Senate elections on Jan.

All the polling showed that the best argument for electing the two Republicans was as a check and balance against an all-Democratic government. But rather than make that point to voters, Mr. Trump focused on his grievances against Mr. Kemp and his claims that the election was stolen. Mr. Trump told Republican voters that their November votes had been meaningless, so it’s hardly a surprise their turnout fell in January. As the FiveThirtyEight website found, “The better Trump did in a county in November, the more its turnout tended to drop in the runoffs” in January.

Mr. Trump also blames Mr. McConnell’s “refusal to go above $600 per person on the stimulus check payments when the two Democrat opponents were touting $2,000 per person in ad after ad.” This rewrites history.

Mr. Trump’s Treasury Secretary announced support for the $600 checks on Dec. 8, and the GOP swung behind the proposal. He didn’t endorse the $2,000 checks until Dec. 22, giving Democrats a sword against the two GOP Senate candidates who had endorsed $600. The two eventually endorsed $2,000 but looked unprincipled in doing so. Mr. Trump’s $2,000 flip-flop knee-capped his own party’s candidates.

“Even more stupidly,” Mr. Trump adds, “the National Republican Senatorial Committee spent millions of dollars on ineffective TV ads starring Mitch McConnell.” That’s false too. We’re told the Senate committee spent only about $90,000 in those ads that ran on national cable TV to raise money. They raised about $6 million that was then spent on ads in Georgia that featured the Senate candidates, not Mr. McConnell.

We rehearse all this because it matters to GOP fortunes going forward. In the single Trump term, Republicans lost the House, White House and finally the Senate. How can it be that everyone other than the most prominent Republican in the country is responsible for victories but not the defeats that have left Republicans in the wilderness?

Losing to Joe Biden of all people, and by 7.1 million votes as an incumbent President, must be painful. Counseling could be in order. Any good analyst will explain that the first step toward recovery is to accept reality. The same applies to Republican voters who want to win back Congress in 2022 and the White House in 2024.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Transfer portal stat

Leave the narrative behind
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    WSJ is a leftist shit hole just like Fox News. All they care about is Globalist stuff and junk. Globalist things. Globalist globalist. They are for big tech globalist. Leftist globalist. Globalist chicom. Chicom deep state globalist. How can you not see this you globalist sheep!
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

WSJ is a leftist shit hole just like Fox News. All they care about is Globalist stuff and junk. Globalist things. Globalist globalist. They are for big tech globalist. Leftist globalist. Globalist chicom. Chicom deep state globalist. How can you not see this you globalist sheep!

Meltdown two nights in a row now. The first part of healing is admitting you were duped by a politician.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Race was right, thread is better here.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Usually am

I may actually add something in the morning
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Usually am

I may actually add something in the morning

Please do
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Libertarians accounted for 8% of the vote towards Perdue on November 3rd.

Libertarians by brand and definition don’t vote in runoff elections. Trump didn’t do those candidates any favor leading up to their runoffs. But the runoffs were lost in the main election. No one with half a brain thought GA would stay Red once it went to a runoff.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,913

A few thoughts

The Georgia senate races were lost election night in November as I correctly predicted the next morning. Perdue was over 50% for most of the night and into the morning. Then he wasn't. The GOP lost because Lauffler was an insider trader without a (D) and Perdue is a fucking moron. The world will little note nor long remember either.

The WSJ claims that the winning strategy was to campaign against an all democrat government. Like nobody did that. The issue was that nobody thinks the GOP will do anything anyway. I really don't give a fuck whether its Schummer or McConnell. And if the GOP thinks whining about Dr. Suess while the dementia addled moron in chief finishes off America is a winning strategy they need to think again then kill themselves

After a month of Biden embarrassing the country and being everything and worse than what the left accused Trump of, the WSJ is still whining about Trump.

We have a senile racist who has spent 5 decades selling out America as president and the biggest issue among the GOP is Trump and how to get rid of him once and for all.

I'm not some faggot democrat that does what I'm told and sells out my principles so Biden can get his 10%. If the GOP isn't an alternative then fuck them. Let the democrats grab the guns. Maybe folks will wake the fuck up

While Clinton, W, and Obama all got two terms they also all lost the house, senate, and white house when they were done. BFD. They also had a party behind them that wanted them to win.

I was anti establishment yesterday, today, and forever. I don't care about parties. I don't care if Trump is an asshole as long as he is my asshole. Its not like Biden isn't an asshole but even the GOP won't go there.

They don't fight and want to win then Go Democrats Rep America!

Jenn Cohen and Keith Taylor contributed to this report

As long as Trump is this big a threat I hope he keeps running his mouth. I hope someone like him does run in 2024 and by the way it took like 2 days before the GOP was fundraising for 2022 and 2024. Talk about a grift.

Look at all the morons that popped up here after the election with nothing more than the TDS we've seen for 5 years None of those assclowns have word one to say about Biden

I'm not playing that game anymore. I'm not chasing rabbits anymore

The establishment and their media lied to us every day of 2020 about everything. They don't set my agenda.

Thank you and God Bless America

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

THIS

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,923

A few thoughts

The Georgia senate races were lost election night in November as I correctly predicted the next morning. Perdue was over 50% for most of the night and into the morning. Then he wasn't. The GOP lost because Lauffler was an insider trader without a (D) and Perdue is a fucking moron. The world will little note nor long remember either.

The WSJ claims that the winning strategy was to campaign against an all democrat government. Like nobody did that. The issue was that nobody thinks the GOP will do anything anyway. I really don't give a fuck whether its Schummer or McConnell. And if the GOP thinks whining about Dr. Suess while the dementia addled moron in chief finishes off America is a winning strategy they need to think again then kill themselves

After a month of Biden embarrassing the country and being everything and worse than what the left accused Trump of, the WSJ is still whining about Trump.

We have a senile racist who has spent 5 decades selling out America as president and the biggest issue among the GOP is Trump and how to get rid of him once and for all.

I'm not some faggot democrat that does what I'm told and sells out my principles so Biden can get his 10%. If the GOP isn't an alternative then fuck them. Let the democrats grab the guns. Maybe folks will wake the fuck up

While Clinton, W, and Obama all got two terms they also all lost the house, senate, and white house when they were done. BFD. They also had a party behind them that wanted them to win.

I was anti establishment yesterday, today, and forever. I don't care about parties. I don't care if Trump is an asshole as long as he is my asshole. Its not like Biden isn't an asshole but even the GOP won't go there.

They don't fight and want to win then Go Democrats Rep America!

Jenn Cohen and Keith Taylor contributed to this report

As long as Trump is this big a threat I hope he keeps running his mouth. I hope someone like him does run in 2024 and by the way it took like 2 days before the GOP was fundraising for 2022 and 2024. Talk about a grift.

Look at all the morons that popped up here after the election with nothing more than the TDS we've seen for 5 years None of those assclowns have word one to say about Biden

I'm not playing that game anymore. I'm not chasing rabbits anymore

The establishment and their media lied to us every day of 2020 about everything. They don't set my agenda.

Thank you and God Bless America

Many good points!

The largest point is that those that voted for Bought Slow Joe Xiden are silent as fuck about the bullshit occurring. If they started executing children tomorrow the BidenBros and their ilk would be fucking cheering. Nothing out of these cock less slack jawed faggots. They'd let their mother be raped if the left said so. A single spine couldn't be built from the whole lot of them!

These are the people that cheered rounding up the Jews in Germany and then sat silent while they were murdered. They'll sit silent as they murder America as well.

Fortunately those not so indoctrinated are waking up as they see a lot of the stunning hatred they possess for our nation and the desire to line their own pockets.

This shit won't end well for them.