Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A real female football player

2»

Comments

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    1 pass but looks at least as tough as Jake.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2F9L3i
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,544 Swaye's Wigwam

1 pass but looks at least as tough as Jake.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2F9L3i

Exactly what I wanted to and expected to see: Better arm than me.

Good find, thanks.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,368
    alumni94 said:

dannarc said:

alumni94 said:

My daughters high school had a female running back. I didn't see her play until the last home game. It was a bad spot for her, as when she went in everyone knew she would get the ball. I think she one good run for about 5 yards, the rest were no gain.

Was JonDon the OC?

Playaction, roll out and throw it to the fat kid playing TE.
    Sounds like your life story.
    Hurtful indeed, however, true
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Girls cam compete up to a certain age quite honestly. Not sure about high school but in a small town sure why not. The best athlete in my K-8 years was a girl. Without question.

I would say it’s about 5th-6th grade when girls can’t compete anymore. 8th grade seems to old.

I had a girl on my All Star baseball team when I was 9. She wasn’t good. She was an above average player in the league but not one of the 15 best that should make the all star team.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942

Girls cam compete up to a certain age quite honestly. Not sure about high school but in a small town sure why not. The best athlete in my K-8 years was a girl. Without question.

Wasn't 8th grade the end of schooling back then?

Seriously tho 8th grade shouldn't have a girl still be a "best athlete" cus most guys have been beatin meat for a year or two by then and it should be game over when nature bestows that power upon us.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,699 Standard Supporter

Agreed.

How shitty is White River to get beat by a team with a girl QB?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

I would say it’s about 5th-6th grade when girls can’t compete anymore. 8th grade seems to old.

I had a girl on my All Star baseball team when I was 9. She wasn’t good. She was an above average player in the league but not one of the 15 best that should make the all star team.
    We had a girl stick with baseball rather than softball through Juniors (age 14) little league. She was a slightly above average player due to a solid skill set which not everyone who plays little league possesses.. She was tall and threw well with a long, whip motion that generated good velocity. She pitched and always surprised the hell out of the other team. She had a solid, compact swing and handled hard throwers ok as long as they didn't scare her. We could put her at first base and she handled it well. We kicked ourselves for not making that move till near the end. She was slow and hesitant at other positions but had a solid outfield arm when she would use it.

But...her solid skills weren't really enough any more once some of the boys got serious. The better ones surpassed her badly by age 11-12. Thats when serious boys start throwing in the 6os and makjng the 200' fences look silly. She threw hard considering, but it only worked on new opponents and for a couple of innings before they'd start crushing her. She never had more than singles power and couldn't run and move like the boys. In the field She started deferring to boys and wouldn't even go after balls in between them. That was irritating when she played outfield because we were much better off with her making the first throw on anything in the gap or deep.

It was fun while it lasted. She was a cool kid and the way we used her always drew a lot of compliments that we probably didn't deserve. I still thought it was a shame that she missed out on being a very strong, maybe even dominant up through HS at our level, softball player. She was happy though.