Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Requiring Training Before Owning A Gun is a Threat To The Second Amendment

2»

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Could someone explain to me the difference between requiring an ID to vote and requiring training to own a gun?

Is this a serious question? Fuck, you’re dense.
    Should be easy to answer then.
    Requiring training, licenses, or anything else in an infringement of the 2nd amendment. Requiring ID to vote is not an infringement of the 14th amendment. Unless you’re implying that people of color don’t know how to get IDs.
    Are you implying gun owners are too stupid to take a training course?

That’s your interpretation of it. I would say it depends on if you’re required to take training or pass training. If it’s just taking training I don’t see that as an infringement and certainly not more of one than requiring ID to vote.
    There is zero chance this is an adult. None.
    It is, just a not very bright adult.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Could someone explain to me the difference between requiring an ID to vote and requiring training to own a gun?

Both are racist so they are the same
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Both are racist so they are the same
    Dude, you still have it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

I think they should automatically give concealed carry licenses when they get their driver's license.

Now I'm mad I didn't come up with this.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Requiring training, licenses, or anything else in an infringement of the 2nd amendment. Requiring ID to vote is not an infringement of the 14th amendment. Unless you’re implying that people of color don’t know how to get IDs.
    Gosh are you required to show ID before purchasing a gun?
    Ok, so you are conceding that we can set requirements for purchasing a gun.
    Are you under some delusion that there are currently no requirements to purchase a gun Kobe? Yes Kobe, I'm "conceding" the facts that are already on the ground. You got me.
    Great so we can set requirements for gun ownership and you don’t object. Not sure what this thread is about then.
    We already have requirements for gun ownership my strawman ass fucking friend. But that doesn't mean that I'd support an unconstitutional requirement.

If you'd stop trying to come off as clever Kobe, you'd stop sounding like such a fucking moron. We have requirements for voting does that mean you wouldn't object to a poll tax or literacy test for voting Kobe?

Why not? We already have requirements for voting.

That’s a great question. So I think the language used is important. When we talk about voting rights it’s “abridge”, to curtail a right or privilege. I view these requirements as exactly that, you are depriving someone of their right to vote if you require ID.

With the 2nd amendment though, we use “infringe” or to limit. I would not view requiring training as limiting unless you needed to pass a training class. Just having to take one does not limit you from owning a gun.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Gosh are you required to show ID before purchasing a gun?
    Ok, so you are conceding that we can set requirements for purchasing a gun.
    Are you under some delusion that there are currently no requirements to purchase a gun Kobe? Yes Kobe, I'm "conceding" the facts that are already on the ground. You got me.
    Great so we can set requirements for gun ownership and you don’t object. Not sure what this thread is about then.
    We already have requirements for gun ownership my strawman ass fucking friend. But that doesn't mean that I'd support an unconstitutional requirement.

If you'd stop trying to come off as clever Kobe, you'd stop sounding like such a fucking moron. We have requirements for voting does that mean you wouldn't object to a poll tax or literacy test for voting Kobe?

Why not? We already have requirements for voting.

That’s a great question. So I think the language used is important. When we talk about voting rights it’s “abridge”, to curtail a right or privilege. I view these requirements as exactly that, you are depriving someone of their right to vote if you require ID.

With the 2nd amendment though, we use “infringe” or to limit. I would not view requiring training as limiting unless you needed to pass a training class. Just having to take one does not limit you from owning a gun.
    How you view something is irrelevant. I care about facts, your opinion or how you "feel" about something is worthless and of no interest. No one is deprived of the right to vote by requiring an ID especially in states that will provide anyone who asks with a free ID. You would never make that same argument regarding gun ownership thus revealing that your position isn't principled but merely political.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

That’s your interpretation of it. I would say it depends on if you’re required to take training or pass training. If it’s just taking training I don’t see that as an infringement and certainly not more of one than requiring ID to vote.
    I don't see a problem with having to take a gun training course in theory, if, yeah, you aren't held to some ridiculous standard and are just informed to not prevent your dumbass from shooting yourself on accident.

But in practice it's going to be some exorbitant, overtaxed bullshit that is going to piss off both the consumer and the company trying to make money off of issuing the training. It's going to make the process take way longer than it should, which I guess is the point, right?

Which will encourage more people to black market a gun or get one from a relative which defeats the purpose.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    haie said:

I don't see a problem with having to take a gun training course in theory, if, yeah, you aren't held to some ridiculous standard and are just informed to not prevent your dumbass from shooting yourself on accident.

But in practice it's going to be some exorbitant, overtaxed bullshit that is going to piss off both the consumer and the company trying to make money off of issuing the training. It's going to make the process take way longer than it should, which I guess is the point, right?

Which will encourage more people to black market a gun or get one from a relative which defeats the purpose.
    I don’t really like “well then people will just break the law” arguments but I think the rest is fair. I would need to see pretty significant evidence that this would have a meaningful positive impact to support it. More than “if it saves one life”.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    haie said:

Illegal guns will be yet another category that black people lead in due to whitey holding them back and being too stupid to pass a training course. Right?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Illegal guns will be yet another category that black people lead in due to whitey holding them back and being too stupid to pass a training course. Right?
    This America.

There's plenty of people with a ton of guns that will hand out their spare 9mm's, for no other reason other than it gives them peace of mind their relatives have protection in these batshit crazy times.

Government regulation is going to have a hard time undoing that, and implementing laws on these people is virtually futile. "The gun broke and I threw it away, sorry. Why are you on my property again?"

And yeah metro area gun shops doing excessive checks on a minority parent just trying to protect his family, well....lol.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,849
    I'm all for training, ID and a background check to vote! If we Require it for one constitutional right why not all?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    haie said:

haie said:

This America.

There's plenty of people with a ton of guns that will hand out their spare 9mm's, for no other reason other than it gives them peace of mind their relatives have protection in these batshit crazy times.

Government regulation is going to have a hard time undoing that, and implementing laws on these people is virtually futile. "The gun broke and I threw it away, sorry. Why are you on my property again?"

And yeah metro area gun shops doing excessive checks on a minority parent just trying to protect his family, well....lol.
    There’s 343 million guns in a population of 350 million.

Those are not going away because Cho Bai Den’s puppet masters are telling him to mouth those words

In fact, that number is going up daily because of Cho Bai Den and his puppet masters.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,849
    2020 12.5 million more sold than in 2019. Impossible to puck them all up. Who's gonna do it?
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,963
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Derek bought one recently I heard (so did I).
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I am a staunch defender of 2A and I will gladly trade Gun safety training with respect to first time buyers for no MI ballets and voter ID.

@HHusky
    @TheKobeStopper
    @EwaDawg
    @BearsWiin

Do you take the deal?
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    thechatch said:

I am a staunch defender of 2A and I will gladly trade Gun safety training with respect to first time buyers for no MI ballets and voter ID.

@HHusky
    @TheKobeStopper
    @EwaDawg
    @BearsWiin

Do you take the deal?

None of you pussies are going to respond?