Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Falling Down - Park Beggar Scene

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

So if we remade Menace II Society and put white people in the lead roles changing nothing else you'd be cool with it.

Who fucking cares?

Obviously not people who enjoy a false reality spoon fed to them as long as it's wrapped in "entertainment."

Can't wait for the WWII movies depicting Nazis as the real victims.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

So if we remade Menace II Society and put white people in the lead roles changing nothing else you'd be cool with it.

Who fucking cares?

Obviously not people who enjoy a false reality spoon fed to them as long as it's wrapped in "entertainment."

If I gave a fuck about the politics of so many of my favorite entertainers, I'd have nothing to enjoy.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Who fucking cares?

If I gave a fuck about the politics of so many of my favorite entertainers, I'd have nothing to enjoy.

Don't give a fuck about Michael Douglas politics. But I can't mindlessly watch a movie when they are obviously pushing a narrative for political reasons and ignore the narrative. Like I said, if they wanted to make a fantasy movie they shouldn't put it in LA and promoted it as a realistic slice of urban life. Different strokes. You're free to watch movies ignoring the narrative and or agenda being pushed, and I'm free to acknowledge it. Neither is right or wrong.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,307
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I still don't understand the criticism. Been a long time since I've seen the movie, so I don't remember it all. What are the punches that were supposedly pulled? Why would depicting Neo-Nazis in LA be pulling punches?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021

I still don't understand the criticism. Been a long time since I've seen the movie, so I don't remember it all. What are the punches that were supposedly pulled? Why would depicting Neo-Nazis in LA be pulling punches?

Movie was made in 1992. That year LA set their all time murder rate numbers. 1992 was also the year of the LA riots. Crime and violence in LA in 1992 were out of control. Neo-nazis weren't driving those numbers. If you're trying to display the urban dystopia that was LA in 1992, focusing on neo-Nazis and vaguely Hispanic gang bangers and old white guys golfing doesn't quite get you there.

But hey, NOC so why are we even discussing this?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

Movie was made in 1992. That year LA set their all time murder rate numbers. 1992 was also the year of the LA riots. Crime and violence in LA in 1992 were out of control. Neo-nazis weren't driving those numbers.
    It's about time someone took a stand for the poor, bullied, unfairly represented Nazi.

Kudos for your bravery.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Movie was made in 1992. That year LA set their all time murder rate numbers. 1992 was also the year of the LA riots. Crime and violence in LA in 1992 were out of control. Neo-nazis weren't driving those numbers.
    It's about time someone took a stand for the poor, bullied, unfairly represented Nazi.

Kudos for your bravery.
    I thought you didn't care? Depict neo-Nazis, any way you like, hell make them responsible for global warming and the Covid pandemic I don't give a fuck. Just don't tell me that it represents some form of reality or that it depicts a slice of real life. But you don't care so why are you responding?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Kudos for your bravery.
    I thought you didn't care? Depict neo-Nazis, any way you like, hell make them responsible for global warming and the Covid pandemic I don't give a fuck. Just don't tell me that it represents some form of reality or that it depicts a slice of real life. But you don't care so why are you responding?
    I don't care about white Menace II Society. Nor about this movie I have never seen and probably never will.

I do enjoy getting you to continue your little rant.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Kudos for your bravery.
    I don't care about white Menace II Society. Nor about this movie I have never seen and probably never will.

You seem to care quite a bit. You cared enough to create a strawman and fuck it in the ass.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Kudos for your bravery.

You seem to care quite a bit. You cared enough to create a strawman and fuck it in the ass.
    You created the White Menace II Society strawman big guy.

Happy fuckings.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Kudos for your bravery.

Happy fuckings.
    Boy for someone who doesn't care, you sure seem to care a lot. And the Menace II Society claim was an example of a movie that was made to depict reality in LA in the early 90s, just like Falling Down, that would have been ridiculous if the changes I listed had been made. Hardly a strawman. No, a strawman is claiming I took a stand for Nazis. That's a straight up balls deep strawman ass fuck.

Learn the difference.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    Founders Club

Great movie

I don't think I saw it. What's it about
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

Great movie

I don't think I saw it. What's it about
    A slice of reality depicting LA in the early 90s as it really was. All the critics say so.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    Founders Club
    I guess I need to see it now
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    People forget that Menace II Society is far & away superior to Boyz in tha Hood.

People forget that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

People forget that Menace II Society is far & away superior to Boyz in tha Hood.

People forget that.

I haven't forgotten that. Menace II Society was a great movie.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Kudos for your bravery.

Happy fuckings.
    Boy for someone who doesn't care, you sure seem to care a lot. And the Menace II Society claim was an example of a movie that was made to depict reality in LA in the early 90s, just like Falling Down, that would have been ridiculous if the changes I listed had been made. Hardly a strawman. No, a strawman is claiming I took a stand for Nazis. That's a straight up balls deep strawman ass fuck.

Learn the difference.
    You are working hard to defend the Nazi from this unjust representation and you know it. It’s quite noble.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Kudos for your bravery.

Happy fuckings.

Learn the difference.
    You are working hard to defend the Nazi from this unjust representation and you know it. It’s quite noble.
    Was that before or after you were asking to suck Nazi cock? You're free to depict Nazis anyway you fucking like my Nazi cocksucking friend. Just don't ask me to believe that neo-Nazi's represented a significant and real part of the problems in LA in 1992.

Some people like their false reality spoon fed to them, some people like sucking Nazi cock. Both of those kind of people appear to be you and not me.