Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Facts about SLAVERY They Don't Teach You at School

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,059
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Stop with your facts Derek! My truth is more important than the ACTUAL truth.
  • My favorite part is where they explain that it is known fact the the average white southerner is dumber than the average white northerner, and that this is related to which parts of Europe their ancestors immigrated from in general, for southerners and northerners. Sounds legit.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    There's no profit $$$ in teaching that kind of history.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

My favorite part is where they explain that it is known fact the the average white southerner is dumber than the average white northerner, and that this is related to which parts of Europe their ancestors immigrated from in general, for southerners and northerners. Sounds legit.

Didn't watch the vid, but read Sowell's White Liberals & Black Rednecks book last summer. His argument in that book was that settlers to the American South came from less-developed areas of Great Britain, and brought that cultural backwardness with them. 50-100 years year, those areas had caught up with the rest of GB, but that development didn't carry over to the American South.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

My favorite part is where they explain that it is known fact the the average white southerner is dumber than the average white northerner, and that this is related to which parts of Europe their ancestors immigrated from in general, for southerners and northerners. Sounds legit.

Didn't watch the vid, but read Sowell's White Liberals & Black Rednecks book last summer. His argument in that book was that settlers to the American South came from less-developed areas of Great Britain, and brought that cultural backwardness with them. 50-100 years year, those areas had caught up with the rest of GB, but that development didn't carry over to the American South.
    I'm currently reading the U.S. Grant memoirs. He also talks about this, that the "white-trash" of the south needed reconstruction also. They had no slaves, but were stuck in a war that was push onto them.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was talking about something similar with my wife yesterday. I said the end of Jim Crow did wonders for the white south as well. It was a backwoods hickville and now is like the rest of America with lots of tech and industry

Slavery obviously was deadly to Blacks but it didn't do the white trash any favors either
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

I was talking about something similar with my wife yesterday. I said the end of Jim Crow did wonders for the white south as well. It was a backwoods hickville and now is like the rest of America with lots of tech and industry

Slavery obviously was deadly to Blacks but it didn't do the white trash any favors either

Retarded the South's economic growth. Reliance on slavery kept the south's economy more rural and agrarian.