Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deion Sanders and Jackson State primed to open their season Sunday

BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
https://theundefeated.com/features/deion-sanders-and-jackson-state-primed-to-open-their-season-sunday/

If he has a successful season I want Lake fired (well, I already do, but still) and Prime Time brought to Montlake. The sizzle would be mind blowing. Sign me up for the recruiting chats.

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    In this new world order – prompted by a mix of renewed social activism amid the Black Lives Matter movement and a more critical look at the inequities of the multibillion-dollar college sports complex – top-flight Black players are now looking seriously at HBCUs.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,431
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

In this new world order – prompted by a mix of renewed social activism amid the Black Lives Matter movement and a more critical look at the inequities of the multibillion-dollar college sports complex – top-flight Black players are now looking seriously at HBCUs.

Wishful thinking.

How many Top 300 players have committed to HBCUs?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There is one that I recall but that might have been basketball

I have seen HBCU hats on the table though
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2021
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

https://theundefeated.com/features/deion-sanders-and-jackson-state-primed-to-open-their-season-sunday/

If he has a successful season I want Lake fired (well, I already do, but still) and Prime Time brought to Montlake. The sizzle would be mind blowing. Sign me up for the recruiting chats.

If Deon (or anyone else) was really about social activism,they would commit to HBCU and not Texas, Bama, etc

You know Deon would jump at the first FBS job.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://si.com/college/recruiting/football/breaking-down-deion-sanders-first-recruiting-class-at-jackson-state

Deion Sanders and his Jackson State staff have recruited 2021’s top FCS recruiting class, arguably the best recruiting class in recent HBCU history.

They have some 30 prospects, including nine transfers from the Power 5, coming into the program in the coming months. Seven of JSU's 11 high school recruits picked the program after making a previous commitment to another, including two previously committed to Florida and Florida Atlantic. In short, belief in the future of the SWAC school in football threw a wrinkle into FBS recruiting.

The JUCO addition that reminded the nation of the programs potential was with the most coveted defensive back in the country in De’Jahn Warren. The Lackawanna C.C. (Scranton, Pa.) talent flipped his commitment from the Georgia Bulldogs, where he was expected to compete for immediate playing time after the turnover in Athens following the 2020 season. Instead, we'll expect the 6-foot Warren to step into a starting role immediately for the Tigers and we will, of course, keep a close eye on Prime Time’s own position group considering it should be the easiest position to sell on the recruiting trail.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Too bad espn kept this game off the tv market for the masses and will only be watched by Rich people
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,431
    doogie said:

Too bad espn kept this game off the tv market for the masses and will only be watched by Rich people

Probably to prevent children from watching them slaughter an NAIA school