Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Super Bowl lost less viewers than any sport but lost viewers

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://si.com/nfl/2021/02/16/business-of-football-impact-of-super-bowl-ratings-drop-russell-wilson-criticisms

Event Decline in Viewership
Super Bowl 9%
World Series 30%
NBA Finals 49%
NHL Finals 61%

From this perspective, the Super Bowl’s decline by only 9% illustrates the immense popularity of the sport.

The NFL was not going to shut down a $15 billion business; they were going to mitigate the COVID risk the best they could, and they did an admirable job. Yet my overriding concern remains: players developing long-term complications. I truly hope that none of the players who contracted the virus have lasting respiratory or other issues; that would put a lasting stain on the decision to “play through” COVID in 2020.

As long as they stick to long term arthritis and brain damage its all good. Corona madness

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    somewhat surprised it dipped with patty mahomes and brady goin at it. tbh, felt like there was zero hype to it. i guess with the media jerkoffs not doing their circlejerk from press row there wasnt a ton of content out there.

one other rating not included in there is the cfb natty, down 27%.

ive said this in other poasts but ill say it here, if im espn/disney/whatever, im worried. ive spent/will spend a ton of money on the nba and the SEC and cant seemingly find a foothold with mnf/nfl and ratings are downnnnnn.

thats a problem.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Looks like Americans are done playing games.