Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HCH Academy Awards - Best Picture 2003?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King

Master and Commander made you feel like you were on the ship. Imagining what that would have been like.

@RaceBannon you may already be aware but for the price of admission to the Star of India, you can also venture on the Master and Commander ship used in the movie. I took the kids there back in 2019 to do what I did as a kid.

Hold Fast is what @swaye used to tell all the young sea-mens.

Any of you guys take advantage of the Mighty Mo tours when it was in Bremerton? To walk where the Japs surrendered was pretty cool for a kid. And we called them Japs back then too. And Krauts.
    Of course. My old man loved taking out-of-town visitors to see the Mighty Mo. Then hop on the ferry and go to Seattle to eat at the Spaghetti Factory or Ivars on the pier. People loved that shit. I thought it was pretty awesome, too. The guns on that ship - and the decks. Incredible.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Master and Commander is no The Pirate Movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiKIDqtbEPc
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:
    Xanadu was a real step down for Michael Beck.

I tried watching xanadu years ago and couldn't get through it.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
    BearsWiin said:

dflea said:

Master and Commander made you feel like you were on the ship. Imagining what that would have been like.

@RaceBannon you may already be aware but for the price of admission to the Star of India, you can also venture on the Master and Commander ship used in the movie. I took the kids there back in 2019 to do what I did as a kid.

Any of you guys take advantage of the Mighty Mo tours when it was in Bremerton? To walk where the Japs surrendered was pretty cool for a kid. And we called them Japs back then too. And Krauts.
    Of course. My old man loved taking out-of-town visitors to see the Mighty Mo. Then hop on the ferry and go to Seattle to eat at the Spaghetti Factory or Ivars on the pier. People loved that shit. I thought it was pretty awesome, too. The guns on that ship - and the decks. Incredible.
    Went on the Missouri in Bremerton somewhere around 1975 as a kid, then took my kids to the Missouri at Pearl Harbor in 2013. Last week my 18yo reminded me how stern I was at the Arizona Memorial about maintaining proper respect
    I can remember sitting in a chair somewhere around the bridge of BB63 back in 2011 on a Gray rainy morning looking out over turrets of the Arizona. There’s nothing like it so far as a naval history site is concerned.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,130
    Founders Club
    Seabisquit

My grandfather was on the Might Mo. I have a Japanese flag from one of the ships that surrendered and then gutted in the Puget Sound. I will take a pic next time I’m rummaging in storage and post it on the History board.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,130
    Founders Club
    Seabisquit
    Seabiscuit is a freak of nature. Red Pollard was an oversized jockey. This pair should have never worked but somehow did. Probably not the best but I love horse racing
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

My grandfather was on the Might Mo. I have a Japanese flag from one of the ships that surrendered and then gutted in the Puget Sound. I will take a pic next time I’m rummaging in storage and post it on the History board.
    Respeck
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,340
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This fleet sat across from the Olympia Country Club. Carl Johnson who is quoted was a big shot at the club

https://www.thurstontalk.com/2014/03/02/olympia-reserve-fleet-operated-30-years-budd-inlet/

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,840
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

alumni94 said:

Xanadu was a shit movie. Shit Shit shit.

But, hottest blonde leading actress of all tim.

Fight me on that, @Doog_de_Jour

• Options

alumni94 said:

Xanadu was a shit movie. Shit Shit shit.

But, hottest blonde leading actress of all tim.

Fight me on that, @Doog_de_Jour

Peak ONJ can't be topped - except with maybe some whipped cream.
  • Options

This fleet sat across from the Olympia Country Club. Carl Johnson who is quoted was a big shot at the club

https://www.thurstontalk.com/2014/03/02/olympia-reserve-fleet-operated-30-years-budd-inlet/

This is why you don't eat oysters from Budd Inlet.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Kill Bill Vol. I
    I think this is about the year that I quit following movies.