Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Harry Dent: Stock Market 40% Crash in April, Nothing Can Save You, Bitcoin to Zero, Gold to $1000

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,260
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,956
    Gold ain't going to $1000 any time soon. His logic is correct on clearing zombie companies, debts and recapitalizing.

Simple supply and demand. There's not enough physical supply of gold to meet even retail demand. There's an inverse relationship between stocks and gold. He's predicting a paper crash of stocks and a concurrent loss of historic store of value in gold.

He wants his cake and eat it too.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I remember seeing Harry Dent speak at a conference in the early to mid 90’s where he was touting Dow 100,000 is right around the corner
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Gold ain't going to $1000 any time soon. His logic is correct on clearing zombie companies, debts and recapitalizing.

Simple supply and demand. There's not enough physical supply of gold to meet even retail demand. There's an inverse relationship between stocks and gold. He's predicting a paper crash of stocks and a concurrent loss of historic store of value in gold.

Never followed gold in detail but I thought I remembered somewhere that gold, esp paper gold, drops a bunch if/when markets crash mainly do to liquidations on margin calls. Doesn’t stay down, but thought it was interesting and made some counterintuitive sense.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Paper gold ain’t gold
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Never followed gold in detail but I thought I remembered somewhere that gold, esp paper gold, drops a bunch if/when markets crash mainly do to liquidations on margin calls. Doesn’t stay down, but thought it was interesting and made some counterintuitive sense.

This is Peter Schiff's take (notorious gold bug). Metals will follow the market in the initial sell-off, then it's to the moon.
  • Options
    doogie said:

Paper gold ain’t gold

I've seen and heard enough to suggest the paper gold is the only thing holding the actual price of gold from running up as high as $10K/oz. The Central Bankers don't want the general public to realize there ain't shit behind their fiat currency than a lot of hot air.

Just the physical demand for gold by Indians (dot, not @Swaye's) is hard to meet at current production levels. That culture loves their gold. Fucking loves it.

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221

doogie said:

Paper gold ain’t gold

I've seen and heard enough to suggest the paper gold is the only thing holding the actual price of gold from running up as high as $10K/oz. The Central Bankers don't want the general public to realize there ain't shit behind their fiat currency than a lot of hot air.

Just the physical demand for gold by Indians (dot, not @Swaye's) is hard to meet at current production levels. That culture loves their gold. Fucking loves it.

Tug bullshit.

• Options
    dflea said:

doogie said:

Paper gold ain’t gold

Tug bullshit.

It's actually not.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,847
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021
    dflea said:

doogie said:

Paper gold ain’t gold

Tug bullshit.

There is a saying that originated outside the Tug:

Eventually all fiat currency becomes worth the paper it was printed on.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Harvey Dent says its a coin flip

I should produce a youtube video; coin flip folks!

Either way, it will be chintresting.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    pawz said:

dflea said:

doogie said:

Paper gold ain’t gold

Tug bullshit.

There is a saying that originated outside the Tug:

Eventually all fiat currency becomes worth the paper it was printed on.

https://the-moneychanger.com/articles/daniel_oliver_of_myrmikan_research

You might find this chinteresting. He speaks truth and common sense. Really good guy. Article is from 2017 but still applicable.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,613
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    this guy is a fucking idiot
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

this guy is a fucking idiot

What a fag