Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How COVID-19 is Affecting the Price of College

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,260
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2021
    It's a fair point. I think it's a little more nuanced than that, though.

Two of my kids are in college now. One is in her senior year. No, it's not like before. But she's there, she's taking most classes on-line, but there is still campus activity. The other one is in grad school. Same thing. She's there. She goes to campus. She has met people and within their bubble socialize.

I would not chalk up getting a graduate quant. degree at a top-tier school as something you could just get on Google. That's fun to say but not at all realistic.

As for me and mine, we will assume COVID is going to pass and that life will continue and that an education is still worth having. If it's apocalypse, then my bad and Dave can tell me I'm wrong. If I'm right, then people sitting around arguing about whether it's worth it just lost a year or two of their progress in life.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

It's a fair point. I think it's a little more nuanced than that, though.

Two of my kids are in college now. One is in her senior year. No, it's not like before. But she's there, she's taking most classes on-line, but there is still campus activity. The other one is in grad school. Same thing. She's there. She goes to campus. She has met people and within their bubble socialize.

I would not chalk up getting a graduate quant. degree at a top-tier school as something you could just get on Google. That's fun to say but not at all realistic.

As for me and mine, we will assume COVID is going to pass and that life will continue and that an education is still worth having. If it's apocalypse, then my bad and Dave can tell me I'm wrong. If I'm right, then people sitting around arguing about whether it's worth it just lost a year or two of their progress in life.

If you became my stepfather could we still shitpost together on the internet
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The destruction of the miseducation system in western nations is one of the bright spots of the Convid 1984 Plandemic. Less people attending, sports arenas closed, deprives these institutions of the money they need to continue to operate like usual. As the primary incubators of the Neo Marxist/Neo Nazi philosophy that currently pervades the tyrannical governments of the United States, Great Britain, Western Europe, Australia, etc., their media apparatuses and tech companies, it is poetic justice to watch them suffer.