Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ring Register on Viacom/CBS and Intel

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Back in August b4 Creepy took over I made a post on buying Viacom with a 5 year price target of 50 including reinvested dividends. At time it was around 25.

Two weeks ago hit 60 as part of Reddit Revolt and closed Friday at 52.

I would (will) sell at least half position and if I hadn't lightened up in January to raise cash position to 20% of overall portfolio to use as dry powder would sell it all.

After the Super Bowl Ratings come out tomorrow and considering HOW BAD the commercials were (including theirs. I get it, but they lost 30 million in ad revenue they could have sold to promote their JAG streaming service Paramount Network by having the payoff of Patrick Stewart and Stephen Colbert sitting on top of mountain telling all their stars to "dance b/c you now live here. And oh by the way we have a streaming service"). If you've seen the UBER EATS commercial with him and Luke Skywalker and thought wtf, this was same song 2nd verse cringeworthy, it will probably be down at or just below 50 by end of day, but pull the trigger, take the win and move on.

Also, if you caught Intel back in October after earnings when it went from 58-50 and ultimately got down to 43, sell that as well. The easy money has been made, and why the new CEO I think can get it turned around, he has a big ship to turn around with alot of catching up to do versus competitors who used to be annoying little fleas on their mane. IE the easy money has been made.