Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Liz Cheney: Trump ‘does not have a role’ leading Republicans going forward

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    SFGbob said:

Tequilla said:

If Trump runs and wins in 2024 this country is beyond fucked

It’s one thing to embrace a number of Trump’s policies ... another to be as blunt and in your face as he is

GOP needs to run someone that appeals better to the suburbs (particularly women)

Go ahead and flag away

It shouldn't be a cult of personality. I'd take someone with the exact same domestic and foreign policy positions as Trump but who wasn't Trump. Would like to see someone who was better on spending. But as far as judicial appointments, sticking it to China and Iran, energy, illegal immigration and the border, opposition to critical race theory, mainstreaming trannies, and economics give me Trump.
    Exactly

This is effectively the point I’ve been trying to make over the last month plus ...

Many of the items that you’ve noted I actually think you’ll find people largely agree with ... and in particular those that don’t understand China today I suspect will have a better understanding by 2024

Bill said it best by saying he’d like someone with some decorum ... that’s a requirement when it comes to winning those suburban votes that Trump lost in 2020
  • Options
    doogie said:

Tequilla said:

It’s one thing to embrace a number of Trump’s policies ... another to be as blunt and in your face as he is

GOP needs to run someone that appeals better to the suburbs (particularly women)

Go ahead and flag away

I don’t have a name for you but, the GOP needs to find a candidate that appeals to Trump voters.
    This is the challenge for the GOP ...

They can’t win without pulling in the centrist voters ...

At the same time they can’t win with the ultra right wing fringe edge of the party ... who are Trump minions at this point ...

But the centrist voters have no desire to be connected with that far right wing ...

So something has to give at this point
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,732
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

I don’t have a name for you but, the GOP needs to find a candidate that appeals to Trump voters.

At the same time they can’t win with the ultra right wing fringe edge of the party ... who are Trump minions at this point ...

But the centrist voters have no desire to be connected with that far right wing ...

Fuck off
  • Options

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

Fuck off
    Go take your meds Gramps
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

Fuck off
    This @Tequilla seems to think that Romney and Cheney are the future of the GOP.

They’re not. Cheney will be primaries out next spring and Romney will run for the GOP presidential nomination starting in 2023 and will get his ass kicked in the primaries:
  • Options

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

Fuck off

They’re not. Cheney will be primaries out next spring and Romney will run for the GOP presidential nomination starting in 2023 and will get his ass kicked in the primaries:
    Point to any place where I’ve said that?

What I’ve said is that they can’t run someone as abrasive as Trump and appeal to the suburban voter ... and the reason I say that as I’ve had more than a few say that to me

I’m not endorsing anybody in 2024 at this point because they need to go through the grinder ... but for example I don’t see someone like Noem or Haley as being off putting to suburban voters based on temperament
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

Fuck off

What I’ve said is that they can’t run someone as abrasive as Trump and appeal to the suburban voter ... and the reason I say that as I’ve had more than a few say that to me

I’m not endorsing anybody in 2024 at this point because they need to go through the grinder ... but for example I don’t see someone like Noem or Haley as being off putting to suburban voters based on temperament
    It’s funny that it appears you don’t think the Left will crush any “centrist” GOP with their media.

Bush is a war criminal!! Wait, the Left likes him now.

McCain has an affair! Wait, he didn’t.

Romney killed some lady by taking away her health insurance and had Binders Full of Women! Biden’s VP search was limited to women in a binder.

Wake up. You’re a populist at this point or a statist. There is no centrist.

Biden lying and then putting tens of thousands out of work when he promised he wouldn’t is the tell. I’ll go with populism all the time.

Good luck with Mitt and Rubio.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,081
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

He lost by 42k votes. Too many extreme statements in your posts, that’s a rounding error as you know.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

Fuck off

Fuck off
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,489
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    His role is the same as it's always been -- wear his emperor's new clothes
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Trump won once but couldn’t do it a second time while holding the highest office in the most powerful country ever. Thus he is a looser. Imagine being an incumbent president and losing to an opponent everyone agrees in some stage of dementia. The GOP needs to move the fuck on to find the next winner and stop dwelling on possibility of making Trump into the next retread joke.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

Fuck off

It’s funny that it appears you don’t think the Left will crush any “centrist” GOP with their media.

Romney killed some lady by taking away her health insurance and had Binders Full of Women! Biden’s VP search was limited to women in a binder.

Biden lying and then putting tens of thousands out of work when he promised he wouldn’t is the tell. I’ll go with populism all the time.

The Libs are clearly going to leverage the media as they can ... that works as long as people care about what the media says

Reality is most people think Government is corrupt and the news media is highly biased (both ways)

Feel free to disagree with me .. . but the GOP racing hard right isn’t going to win an election in the near term if that path includes Trump
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

He lost by 42k votes. Too many extreme statements in your posts, that’s a rounding error as you know.
    And there’s been a shitshow by Trump since those votes were cast ...

I’d agree that 42K isn’t a crazy number in the grand scheme of things

I think that number is greater than 42K given what has happened
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Enjoy Biden

He's your speed
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

Fuck off

The Libs are clearly going to leverage the media as they can ... that works as long as people care about what the media says

Reality is most people think Government is corrupt and the news media is highly biased (both ways)

Feel free to disagree with me .. . but the GOP racing hard right isn’t going to win an election in the near term if that path includes Trump
    I’m sorry you can’t see through the fog. You will at some point.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

Fuck off

A race to the ends of the spectrum by both sides will destroy the country
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,956
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

Fuck off

The left already did.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

Fuck off

I’ll be 45 this year and I’ve never seen one party shut down some businesses while keeping others that are large corporate PAC donors open to get more business in my life. Never been told to wear a mask before.

You seem to think it’s unintentional. Wake up.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Tequilla said:

Go ahead and flag away

I've already been lumped in. Sociopath. Ghoul. Nazi. Racist. Sexist. Homophobe. Cretin. You name it. SJWs are the unhinged useful idiots. It's sticks and stones at this point. I've ghosted the ones in real life who act like toddlers.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,023
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Trump won once but couldn’t do it a second time while holding the highest office in the most powerful country ever. Thus he is a looser. Imagine being an incumbent president and losing to an opponent everyone agrees in some stage of dementia. The GOP needs to move the fuck on to find the next winner and stop dwelling on possibility of making Trump into the next retread joke.

He lost because of the chicom crud, something he had nothing to do with. The dems were happy to destroy small businesses by the hundreds of thousands and put tens of millions out of work. Then adopted at best extremely loose voting procedures without state legislature approval. Not sure how that makes Trump a loser. Makes millions of Americans losers. Jeb or Rubio is probably ready for a middle of the road run that will result in Maverick and Mitten scale loses.