Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Future Cars Worth Waiting For: 2021-2025

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,315
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Highlights for me:

RWD, longitudinal I6 Mazda 6? Uh, yes please.
    A new Toyota MR2! Always had a soft sport for these.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,963
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sad how far the Jeep Wagoneer has fallen.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Really surprised they are trying to position this as a 6 figure Escalade competitor.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I bought an 03 Highlander in 04 (slightly used), and it has 240K on in with no issues...I will drive it until it drives no more. If I ever buy another car, it will be a VW Thing, if I'm not in a wheelchair by then. My wife is a car freak, so a buddy of mine in the car bidness hooked her up with a '16 C300 Benz, which she currently drives about 3 times per month. I had never owned a Toyota before, but all I heard was "keep oil in it and drive it into the ground"...so far, so good.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Really surprised they are trying to position this as a 6 figure Escalade competitor.
    I think it will sell. People pay near $100k for Suburbans and Lincoln Navigators. Jeep has a completely different brand image from those other vehicles and has a loyal following. I'm sure there are Jeep guys who have lots of money to blow.

The Z06 is the most interesting and exciting car on that list. Naturally aspirated, flat-plane crank V8 that revs to 9k RPM. It's going to be a racetrack monster.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,877
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I"m hoping our new Chinese Overlords will allow party members to have a nice Yugo or something of that sort.....

Or scooters. Something Vespa-like.

Paris accords, you know.

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I think it will sell. People pay near $100k for Suburbans and Lincoln Navigators. Jeep has a completely different brand image from those other vehicles and has a loyal following. I'm sure there are Jeep guys who have lots of money to blow.

The Z06 is the most interesting and exciting car on that list. Naturally aspirated, flat-plane crank V8 that revs to 9k RPM. It's going to be a racetrack monster.
    It probably will sell. Just never really had a true luxury high end segment Jeep before.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

It probably will sell. Just never really had a true luxury high end segment Jeep before.
    The irony here is that the Wagoneer was considered a “luxury “ SUV for its Tim. SUVs now suck.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

The irony here is that the Wagoneer was considered a “luxury “ SUV for its Tim. SUVs now suck.
    I'm driving a loaner right now -- a Nissan Rogue. I wasn't too excited at first but I'm enjoying it now.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I'm driving a loaner right now -- a Nissan Rogue. I wasn't too excited at first but I'm enjoying it now.
    Lulz. That’s not an SUV.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Lulz. That’s not an SUV.
    I know
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

G-Wagon competitor. The Escalade has been dead for awhile.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Stale, not dead. 2021 is all-new and will be a hit with rappers and athletes. https://www.motortrend.com/cars/cadillac/escalade/2021/2021-cadillac-escalade-first-test/
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021

Swaye said:

Thanks for reminding me again how uncool and out of touch I am.

Asians: Meaner than you might expect.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

7,224 G Wagons sold in 2020. 24,547 Escalades sold in 2020, the final year of the last gen when people hold off on buying for the new one. G-Wagon is a 2-row interior, Cadillac is a 3-row. They aren't competitors at all. The Jeep is an Escalade/Navigator competitor. G-Wagon competes with Range Rover.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

7,224 G Wagons sold in 2020. 24,547 Escalades sold in 2020, the final year of the last gen when people hold off on buying for the new one. G-Wagon is a 2-row interior, Cadillac is a 3-row. They aren't competitors at all. The Jeep is an Escalade/Navigator competitor. G-Wagon competes with Range Rover.
    Take that you little yellow bastard!

edit: I'd rather have the Jeep than an Escalade or Navigator. Bigly.