Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    If Suzi Levine can get a promotion for that disaster, then why can't Jenn Cohen? #glassceiling
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,820 Founders Club
    If the PAC 12 chooses anyone within the current west coast system of disappointment to run the show then the presidents would be showing their hand that they were pretty happy with Larry Scott and just wanted someone cheaper. This obviously, like the Gregory hiring, is exactly what I think they will do. Why new blood when we can just regurgitate the old plan with someone less expensive? Makes sense. Dawg sense!
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,197
    on record, i liked the interview, if its all politics, idgaf.

The strength of our conference is going to be all 12 of our institutions and our students and our coaches and our fans and our communities.

to that point, i dont think usc gives a fuck about football, which is a problem for everyone else in the p12.

On a similar note, considering the revenue disparities between the Pac-12 and other conferences, do you believe Jimmy Lake and UW football has the budgetary resources to compete on a national championship level?

I do.

clock's tickin, jimmy, go get it the fuck done.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021
    lol

The problem with the Pac 12 isn't money. It isn't football participation or any of that nonsense. It isn't about Seattle changing. It isn't even really that the school doesn't care even though it looks that way a lot of the time. They know the benefits to the entire university when the right sports are rolling.

It's that the people in charge have no fucking what a decent hire looks like in terms of AD and coaching, let alone a good/great one.

Someone out there actually thinks she's done a good job.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

The strength of our conference is going to be all 12 of our institutions and our students and our coaches and our fans and our communities.

to that point, i dont think usc gives a fuck about football, which is a problem for everyone else in the p12.

On a similar note, considering the revenue disparities between the Pac-12 and other conferences, do you believe Jimmy Lake and UW football has the budgetary resources to compete on a national championship level?

I do.

Didn't read but...

#1 is a bunch of regurgitated platitudes

#2. What did you expect her to say? No?
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,197
    TommySQC said:

I do.

Didn't read but...

#1 is a bunch of regurgitated platitudes

#2. What did you expect her to say? No?
    tbh, if she would have come out and said 'well, its hard (lol)' (or literally anything prefixed with 'well...') or 'external forces....yadda, yadda, yadda' or led with 'im really proud how hard we played this/last year...' that would have sealed it.

ol girl came out and said 'we have what we need to compete' though.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    haie said:

lol

The problem with the Pac 12 isn't money. It isn't football participation or any of that nonsense. It isn't about Seattle changing. It isn't even really that the school doesn't care even though it looks that way a lot of the time. They know the benefits to the entire university when the right sports are rolling.

It's that the people in charge have no fucking what a decent hire looks like in terms of AD and coaching, let alone a good/great one.

Someone out there actually thinks she's done a good job.

Angry haie is best haie