Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huskies Land 3-Star Transfer Wide Receiver From Texas Tech

2»

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Fuller was a good enough player but miscast as #1 when on a better offense he would be #2 or #3.

Brent Pease recruited poorly and the WR coach who followed him (and whose name escapes me) didn't do that much better. Adams seems a tick up all around but he needs at least two studs in the 2022 WR class.

Is there a deadline for when players decide to enter the transfer portal before spring ball starts? Or do they also get to enter the transfer portal after spring ball to see where they are on the depth chart? I'm too lazy to look it all up.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

Fuller was a good enough player but miscast as #1 when on a better offense he would be #2 or #3.

Brent Pease recruited poorly and the WR coach who followed him (and whose name escapes me) didn't do that much better. Adams seems a tick up all around but he needs at least two studs in the 2022 WR class.

Is there a deadline for when players decide to enter the transfer portal before spring ball starts? Or do they also get to enter the transfer portal after spring ball to see where they are on the depth chart? I'm too lazy to look it all up.

Wasn’t pease followed but Bush who recruited pretty well?

WR recruiting has been fine post Pease but development has been a big issue outside Bush’s one year.
  • Options
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

Wasn’t pease followed but Bush who recruited pretty well?

WR recruiting has been fine post Pease* but development has been a big issue outside Bush’s one year.
    *Until this year when all recruiting fell off a cliff, of course
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

Matt Lubick

Iirc Lubick signed Spiker and Osborne after Hamdan recruited them. Lubick was point on Cook, Bynum and Jones.

Is that right?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

On a good offense he ends up transferring to Tulane or some shit.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    Standard Supporter
    Let's not go overboard. He was a slot guy playing outside because UW had no one better. So glad UW went from Pease to Lubick to Adams.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

HFNY said:

Imagine downvoting this when Jaylen Waddle was WR4 for Bama last year. Or Bru McCoy is wr4 for USC. If he was class of 18-19 he doesn’t even get a UW offer so whatever
  • Options

HFNY said:

Imagine downvoting this when Jaylen Waddle was WR4 for Bama last year. Or Bru McCoy is wr4 for USC. If he was class of 18-19 he doesn’t even get a UW offer so whatever
    Imagine calling what Alabama has become just a "good offense".
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

UW offense plus two WRs: Basically Bama*

*except for every other position
  • Options
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

You know what I mean. Aaron Fuller should never play for UW.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

HFNY said:

I get what you're saying. Fuller would have been fine as a slot receiver. He was OK at getting open and didn't drop a bunch of balls. He had decent speed and seemed quick.

It shouldn't be hard for UW to put a better player in that position though. He was definitely not a playmaker. Bynum is a way more dangerous player in the slot.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,071
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

Was that when Waddle had a broken ankle or are you talking early in his career?
  • Options

HFNY said:

Last year when they had Smith, Ruggs, and Jeudy.
  • Options
    chuck said:

dnc said:

HFNY said:

I get what you're saying. Fuller would have been fine as a slot receiver. He was OK at getting open and didn't drop a bunch of balls. He had decent speed and seemed quick.

It shouldn't be hard for UW to put a better player in that position though. He was definitely not a playmaker. Bynum is a way more dangerous player in the slot.
    Jalen McMillan is the gold standard for slots. Emeka’s going to be a slot guy for TOSU.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,071
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

Got it. He was 1 or 1A this year before he got hurt. Top 10 pick allegedly
  • Options

HFNY said:

He’s might be better than Smith. Which is kinda hard to believe. If he’s healthy, he’s going to run in the John Ross time zone.
  • Options

HFNY said:

He’s might be better than Smith. Which is kinda hard to believe. If he’s healthy, he’s going to run in the John Ross time zone.
    *he

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

He’s not better than Smith. Smith was better than Ruggs t’and probably Jeudy too.