Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Virtual Signing Day Event ...

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
I'm not sure how much I want to get into the particulars ... but for anybody else that watched it, did you leave the video with the takeaway that it was a 45 minute informercial about how great Jimmy Lake is?

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,130
    Hiw depressing. I wonder if the coaches even bothered to show up to that
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,544 Swaye's Wigwam
    Why would they do anything at all? Didn't UW completely wrap their class up in December?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852
    edited February 2021
    Sioasi Finau is 6”6 285 per Malloe. Very interesting.

He was jacking off Voi so hard. Compared him to Aaron Donald.
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    I know we don't deal in high patheticals, but will this class will be good even without JTT and Emeka?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,362 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Voi’s a beast ... very good chance he’s the best player in the class not named Huard

Wouldn’t shock me if he’s better than Huard

Hard agree. Voi looks like he will be a monster.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,224
    hardhat said:

I know we don't deal in high patheticals, but will this class will be good even without JTT and Emeka?

likewesayno.gif
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    My very quick high level takes on the class ...

Huard: special arm talent that between probably this year being a waste for development plus needing to get a little stronger (probably needs 15-25 pounds of muscle) ... I see 21 being a total development year unless something happens to Morris, 22 pushing Morris and 23 when he ultimately takes over

Berry: I really like his film and the thing about Texas is there’s a lot of good RBs there ... Lufkin isn’t an unknown area but also not a priority in-state ... guys like him and Sunday leave the area, have really good college careers, and tend to haunt the in-state schools for effectively passing on them

Prentice: lots of nasty in him which you love from interior OL ... we have a lot of depth here so no rush to play as 21-22 become effectively Body by Socha years ... easily could see him being an all conference player

Wyrsch: has the tool set between size and movement abilities but you can definitely see that he’s a developmental prospect ... type of kid that you see as a starter for 1-2 years after spending a lot of development time

Moore: hard to tell with JC film but athletically it pops ... assuming he’s what the film looks like that’s a great 3 man TE rotation with Cade and Redman ... I don’t see LBs covering him

Jumper: I don’t see P12 athletic ability on the film ... best case scenario is he’s a blocking TE or H back ... really not sure what we were thinking here

Tinae: obvious connection with Huard and likely more of a slot guy for us ... likely able to step in for Bynum upon graduation

Voi: honestly may be best player in our class ... I know that interior DL players don’t play first year really but he may force his way in ... size/movement combo pops off the film ... his ranking level to me would be what I’d point to in the 21/22 classes of COVID likely messing with the rankings a bit

Peihopa: another guy that pops with size/speed combo but looks a little more raw than Voi so I probably would expect rotation at best in 22 and starter in 23 ... watching him talk about UW best thing I can describe is that he “drinks the Kool aid” when it comes to what this program is about ... when you’re totally bought in you tend to outperform

Siaosi: continuing trend of special size/speed combo players with increasing rawness ... good news is that positional depth should allow for development time ... should be a contributor down the line

Heims: let’s just say that he passes the eye test but obviously development will tell the story ... with the depth at the position there will be time to develop (sensing a theme yet?)

Latu: this is one I’m torn on because you can see the instincts and you can see he knows how to play football ... that said his fitness levels have been in question in the past and IMO he’s going to need a lot of work with Socha (notably in agility related gains) to work as I currently don’t see P12 athletic ability ... again, with ILB depth he has time to develop

McCutcheon: the blood lines are definitely there and you can see that he’s got a good skill set ... that said he’s on the small side right now and needs to put on good weight to be able to play particularly in the slot which is where 5’10” guys often end up

Spears: has the length that we look for on the outside and his film looked ok but didn’t wow me in any particular way ... my guess is he needs some developmental time

Nunley: I liked his film and can see a really good S prospect ... he’s got good fluidity that makes it look like he’s coasting around the field in a way that makes it look like he’s playing a slower game than others ... definitely shows a willingness to hit ... if I’m buying stock in the 3 DBs Nunley is where I’m buying to have the greatest impact

TL, DR Version ...

Ultimately, this is a class where development is going to matter a ton. Given the youth on our roster we didn’t need guys coming in playing relatively early so while it hurts to have a year with huge misses, it’s not going to kill the program by itself. Huard is obviously the most important get. Stockimg the DL depth is really important and we did well there. Second year in a row where I don’t feel like we’re really winning in DB recruiting. There’s probably 3 or so take’s in this class that I’m not sure I completely agree with.