Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chilled First Amendment update

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://newsmax.com/politics/white-house-briefing-advance-questions/2021/02/02/id/1008297/

President Joe Biden’s communications team has at times probed reporters to see what questions they plan on asking White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki, prompting concerns among the press corps, three sources with knowledge of the matter told The Daily Beast.

Leaders of a White House Correspondents Association Zoom call last Friday advised print reporters not to reveal to the White House press team their questions in advance.

“While it’s a relief to see briefings return ... the press can't really do its job in the briefing room if the White House is picking and choosing the questions they want,” one White House correspondent said. “That's not really a free press at all.”

Spectator USA editor Amber Athey, who used to be a White House correspondent, told Fox News on Tuesday that "The Trump administration certainly never asked me for questions in advance, and I suspect there would have been universal outrage from reporters if they had done so."

Ya think?

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,204
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2021
    If they seek to limit questions, the press should revolt. But knowing some of the questions in advance is sort of a nothing burger without some indication of a sinister motive.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

If they seek to limit questions, the press should revolt. But knowing some of the questions in advance is sort of a nothing burger.

Spectator USA editor Amber Athey, who used to be a White House correspondent, told Fox News on Tuesday that "The Trump administration certainly never asked me for questions in advance, and I suspect there would have been universal outrage from reporters if they had done so."

Amber is honest. Others, not so much
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,381
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    And she is still clueless
  • Options

HHusky said:

If they seek to limit questions, the press should revolt. But knowing some of the questions in advance is sort of a nothing burger.

Imagine preparing to answer questions so what you had to say would be responsive and informative.

Sounds like fascism.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Imagine preparing to answer questions so what you had to say would be responsive and informative.

Sounds like fascism.
    Is there anything you won't suck Biden's dick about?
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,381
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

If they seek to limit questions, the press should revolt. But knowing some of the questions in advance is sort of a nothing burger without some indication of a sinister motive.

And how would you react if Trump did that... gtfo
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Goduckies said:

HHusky said:

If he said you can only ask prescreened questions, I'd be pissed. If the Biden Administration said that, I'd be pissed.

So easy to be a principled person.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We've been fed a steady diet of how this is the bestest press secretary EVER but she needs the questions in advance because she can't think on her feet or she's a moron
  • Options
    edited February 2021

We've been fed a steady diet of how this is the bestest press secretary EVER but she needs the questions in advance because she can't think on her feet or she's a moron

I think you may have forgotten that the point of press conferences isn't to test the Press Secretary. If no one can follow up or ask an unexpected question, let us know. Otherwise, much outrage about nothing.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,822
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

That's exactly what they intend to do. Choose someone who is going to ask a softball instead.

#fakelawyer

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

I think you may have forgotten that the point of press conferences isn't to test the Press Secretary. If no one can follow up or ask an unexpected question, let us know. Otherwise, much outrage about nothing.
    Suck harder

Just like Hillary needing the questions from CNN before the debate the left is a bunch of morons apparently

The press conference is for questions. Not an advance screening of questions. You know this but are such a partisan hack you can't help yourself

Still waiting for this principled criticism of Biden I heard about

tick tick tick
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sounds like fascism.
    Why hold a press conference at all? Just submit your questions to the White House Press office and wait for your "Official" response.

Sweet Geezus you're a kneepadding bitch Dazzler.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Suck harder

Just like Hillary needing the questions from CNN before the debate the left is a bunch of morons apparently

The press conference is for questions. Not an advance screening of questions. You know this but are such a partisan hack you can't help yourself

tick tick tick
    I was waiting for you to compare a press conference to a debate. Thanks for not disappointing. They're not the same thing and they don't serve the same purpose.

This isn't that hard, old man. If the Press Secretary will not answer questions that haven't been pre-screened, we agree that's awful, and the press should push back hard. If the press can still ask questions that aren't pre-screened and follow-up on answers, who the fuck cares?
  • Options
    pawz said:

HHusky said:

That's exactly what they intend to do. Choose someone who is going to ask a softball instead.

#fakelawyer

Then that will become obvious. Very obvious.

LIPO
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Suck harder

tick tick tick
    I was waiting for you to compare a press conference to a debate. Thanks for not disappointing. They're not the same thing and they don't serve the same purpose.

This isn't that hard, old man. If the Press Secretary will not answer questions that haven't been pre-screened, we agree that's awful, and the press should push back hard. If the press can still ask questions that aren't pre-screened and follow-up on answers, who the fuck cares?
    The Trump press conferences were a debate

As they should be. The press is not the friend of the administration even if its democrats

If she can't handle the heat find someone that can. She is clearly a moron over her head. No need to circle back to that its a fact
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2021
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Suck harder

tick tick tick

Or you could just hire a press secretary who isn't a fucking moron and doesn't suck at their job. They aren't expected to know everything but they are expected to be up on the latest activities going on with the Administration. Funny how this only appears to be standard that applies to Rat Party press secretaries. There is no shame in saying you don't know the answer to certain questions and most of the questions being asked since Biden took over are fucking softballs anyway and she still struggles to do a good job.

She sucked when she was at the State Department, she is now just on a bigger stage and she still sucks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So no need to pre screen then

Thanks
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Dazzler is full-on supportive of the Biden regime screening questions prior to a “press” conference.

Any other Biden bootlickers agree with this sort of intimidation of the free “press?”

Or just Adolph?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Funny how every Trump PS was a moron and a liar but didn't need pre screened questions to face a hostile press

This babe needs help with Tee Ball
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

Goduckies said:

HHusky said:

If he said you can only ask prescreened questions, I'd be pissed. If the Biden Administration said that, I'd be pissed.

So easy to be a principled person.
    This doesn’t sound truthful