Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

canzano: gene smith for p12 commish?

if you can trade Larry Scott for Gene Smith -- straight up -- you do it and never look back.

hella.

gene smith is a football guy, probably would look the other way when schools were (clearly no p12 school is doing this now with how mediocre teams are) dropping bags.

Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne should be interviewed. He’s got strong ties to the Pac-12, gets things done, and his time in the SEC puts him high on my list

eh, he inherited a great situation at bama.

Also, the conference ought to look within its own footprint at a handful of sitting ADs including Oregon’s Rob Mullens, Washington’s Jennifer Cohen and Colorado’s Rick George

nope, fucking hell no, 100x over no. if this happens just shut it down.

Gloria Nevarez, the sitting West Coast Conference commissioner, should be a candidate, too

jesus christ, i really liked how the article started as well too.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,361 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021
    The one that helped cover up Urban Liar?

Ok....if we’re pushing all cards to the middle...let’s dance
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,197
    HuskyJW said:

The one that helped cover up Urban Liar?

Ok....if we’re pushing all cards to the middle...let’s dance

um, espn told me it was 'health issues.'

urb is on the up and up, any infractions whilst he was coach? didnt see any.

gene smith has taken that football program to new heights...and its been squeeky clean!
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited February 2021
    You really think Larry Scott looked for teams dropping bags? The majority of the pac 12 feel that’s beneath them, except for the ones serious about football of course. Larry Scott never really had to, as there’s maybe 2 teams that do it.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    Canzano is being lazy here, just throwing shit at the wall really. The Alabama AD? Cmon man thats like asking the recent powerball winner for advice on investments. I'll be real pissed if its fuckin Mullens, or any other AD from in conference.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Canzano is being lazy here, just throwing shit at the wall really. The Alabama AD? Cmon man thats like asking the recent powerball winner for advice on investments. I'll be real pissed if its fuckin Mullens, or any other AD from in conference.

As much as I like to shit on Canzano, this is; not his idea, one of the most obvious candidates, and one of the best candidates.

The Alabama AD is Greg Byrne. He’s worked at Oregon, Oregon State, and Arizona. His dad was Oregon’s AD for a long time. Grew up in Eugene, but if you think he’ll be too friendly to Oregon then you won’t like Gene Smith either who is buddies with Rob Mullens.

Mullens is also not too likely since he has a ton of retention bonuses at Oregon, including a $1 million bonus coming up. The commissioner gig pays more, so maybe.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    That would be just like Cuog to hire away the Ohio State AD for the P-12 commish only to have Ohio State steal back Chun