Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Go figure

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,955
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter
Who knew that leftards promotion of homelessness, crime, rioting and destroying the local economy would have a real world effect?

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

IT’S A TOTAL MYSTERY HOW THIS COULD HAVE HAPPENED! “At Jan. 5 budget meeting for the city’s Bureau of Development Services, economists advising the bureau on the outlook for new construction presented dismal news: Portland has gone from one of the most desirable locations in the country just four years ago to near the bottom of an 80-city ranking.”

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,204
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2021
    You buried the lede.

Business leaders used this information to oppose cuts to the Bureau of Development Services's budget.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

You buried the lede.

Business leaders used this information to oppose cuts to the Bureau of Development Services's budget.

Well, If I were a Portland business leader I'd eliminate their budget. The Portland Development Bureau is totally politicized and essentially acts like the mafia requiring payoffs to leftard orgs in return for sanctioning a development. Giving money to that organization is worse than just putting it into a pile and burning it. It's like Biden's Energy or Education Departments. Stop free market energy development and refuse to educate the kiddies.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Do they still have cool food trucks in portlandia?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    They do. But traffic (car and foot) are way down because of the chicom crud restrictions and people not working in the city but rather telecommuting. There is like zero tourism. Then toss in the huge increase in crime. Breaking into a food cart and stealing everything not nailed down is basically not prosecuted. Breaks my heart (not) when some food cart owner is interviewed on local TV and bemoaning the break in of his food cart. At least 90% of these people had to have voted democrat for their entire lives. Elections have consequences and they are getting it good and hard.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    That's a fucking shame man. Food truck business owners are some of the hardest working peeps I know.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    animate said:

That's a fucking shame man. Food truck business owners are some of the hardest working peeps I know.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    animate said:

Same with small restaurant owners. Hard workers and love their craft. But, these right brainers are stuffed with a wad of feelings and emotions and don't make a lot of common sense decisions. I'm definitely left brained and from Mars. It's not like I don't have emotions and feelings, but I really do think black lives matters and defunding the police just means more dead blacks. Said this when it began and was only proven true. Giuliani showed the way. He is hated for cleaning up NYC and saving thousands of black lives.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,580
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

They do. But traffic (car and foot) are way down because of the chicom crud restrictions and people not working in the city but rather telecommuting. There is like zero tourism. Then toss in the huge increase in crime. Breaking into a food cart and stealing everything not nailed down is basically not prosecuted. Breaks my heart (not) when some food cart owner is interviewed on local TV and bemoaning the break in of his food cart. At least 90% of these people had to have voted democrat for their entire lives. Elections have consequences and they are getting it good and hard.

“The can just go do something else for a living” - John Kerry

Covid played a part in this, but local leadership will blame it for everything and ignore the 100 days of riots that turned downtown Portland into a shithole.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,541
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Covid played a part in this, but local leadership will blame it for everything and ignore the 100 days of riots that turned downtown Portland into a shithole.
    Yeah but AOC was scared the other day
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,580
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

Yeah but AOC was scared the other day
    It was incredibly brave of her to share this with everyone on her Insta.

We are so lucky to have her. Incredibly lucky.

Don’t you forget that.