Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The early returns on Biden

TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
Are very good.

There were some on the left that argued Biden was just as bad as Trump and we shouldn’t bother to vote for him, this first week has destroyed that argument.

I’d love to criticize him but he keeps doing good shit.

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,895 Swaye's Wigwam
    You’re fucking clueless.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,076 Standard Supporter
    How many billions for 645000 charging stations? How much pollution Will be caused to build 645000 electric cars and their battery packs?
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Sledog said:

How many billions for 645000 charging stations? How much pollution Will be caused to build 645000 electric cars and their battery packs?

There are three “free” electric charging stations at the Fred Meyer meat me taking up prime parking spots and I’ve only seen one of them used. I think the people may have been trying to charge a phone though.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited January 2021
    Tesla sold 499,500 vehicles in 2020 alone. Stating 645,000 with no timeline basically sets the bar at 4 years. Way to set the bar high Joe. Kobe, try and do some research next time. You’ll get it next time kiddo
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Tesla sold 499,500 vehicles in 2020 alone. Stating 645,000 with no timeline basically sets the bar at 4 years. Way to set the bar high Joe. Kobe, try and do some research next time. You’ll get it next time kiddo

As reported in APAG’s link there, it appears more platitudinous than anything else. Not a terrible idea though. Government gotta buy rigs so why not MAGAN EVs. It’ll be a wasteful shitshow like any other procurement but will throw off infrastructure side benefits.

Well, maybe not like any other procurement. If they want to do this with Biden alive & in office, Tesla becomes the new Halliburton. Is there any other American manufacturer that can do this at scale now?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,076 Standard Supporter

As reported in APAG’s link there, it appears more platitudinous than anything else. Not a terrible idea though. Government gotta buy rigs so why not MAGAN EVs. It’ll be a wasteful shitshow like any other procurement but will throw off infrastructure side benefits.

Well, maybe not like any other procurement. If they want to do this with Biden alive & in office, Tesla becomes the new Halliburton. Is there any other American manufacturer that can do this at scale now?
    Because they don't work. It takes two EV's to replace one gas powered vehicle in any fairly hard use. Limited range and long recharge times. Anything used for more than one shift. How will they generate all the electricity needed? We haven't Been building new power plants.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

I’m hearing the My Pillow guy is up to the task. EVs suck. Always have, always will. No benefit to humanity in any way.

You can run vehicles from hydrogen.

But no money in that.

I’m just making fun of a blanket goal that doesn’t actually measure success. The joke being, Tesla will hit that number in 2021 by itself. So this would get done if the President was left vacant. There’s no accomplishment.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Electric vehicles ... ok sounds good other than needing to ensure we have the proper infrastructure for it

As for Uber ... I’m not sure I understand the details enough to have a full opinion. At the core, the way drivers are “employed” is not on set hours and operate more as independent contractors. I do think one thing that could be done better with respect to independent contractors is healthcare ... but let’s also be realistic that not all Uber drivers are driving as a full time job
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,208
    Kaepsknee said:

I’m hearing the My Pillow guy is up to the task. EVs suck. Always have, always will. No benefit to humanity in any way.

You can run vehicles from hydrogen.

But no money in that.
    I drove a bolt for a few months, for a commuter car it would be great, but I was ubering in it. I wasted 2 hours a day charging ugh... love the acceleration though.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,208
    Also as an uber driver I am glad to be an iC I can work when and how I want no boss. And for decent earnings. If I am an employee I would lose money and lose my deductions. Also due to Obama are I have access to med care, so fine there.
    edited January 2021
    Tequilla said:

Electric vehicles ... ok sounds good other than needing to ensure we have the proper infrastructure for it

As for Uber ... I’m not sure I understand the details enough to have a full opinion. At the core, the way drivers are “employed” is not on set hours and operate more as independent contractors. I do think one thing that could be done better with respect to independent contractors is healthcare ... but let’s also be realistic that not all Uber drivers are driving as a full time job

When you work whenever, wherever, and how long you want you should be an independent contractor. Basically, can Uber drivers turn on their app and pick somebody up every couple hours and collect minimum wage for the time they had the app on?

Let’s also not forget there’s drivers make more than minimum wage now. They’ll make less money as an employee, because of Uber added taxes administration costs of having employees.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,468 Founders Club
    Me - right

@dnc - wrong
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Me - right

@dnc - wrong

APAG loved Trump at first too.

LIFPO
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,151
    $5 gas this summer is going to be special. Can't wait for those returns!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,517 Founders Club
    Nothing like judging slow Joe and the ho on his 6th day in office
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851