Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Texas BBQ

2»

Comments

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,819
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Longview, TX

Been there a few tims. Bodacious was the shit 20 years ago.

It’s good now. Of the places I’ve been to it is #2 behind Cattleack (Texas Monthly’s #3) in Addison north of Dallas.

Tomorrow I hit up Louie Mueller in Taylor and the Lockhart 3. I’m not sure how I’ll pull this off, especially after getting kolaches in West for breakfast. I just can’t eat the way I used to.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Longview, TX

It’s good now. Of the places I’ve been to it is #2 behind Cattleack (Texas Monthly’s #3) in Addison north of Dallas.

Tomorrow I hit up Louie Mueller in Taylor and the Lockhart 3. I’m not sure how I’ll pull this off, especially after getting kolaches in West for breakfast. I just can’t eat the way I used to.
    FYI “the shit” means great. 😉
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Longview, TX

Not sure how I survived without the occasional koloche or breakfast taco before moving to Houston...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Longview, TX

FYI “the shit” means great. 😉
    True, but according to my Texas sources it was mediocre for many, many years, until recently. Hence the comment. It’s back.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2021

Longview, TX

Not sure how I survived without the occasional koloche or breakfast taco before moving to Houston...
    Kolaches for the win. So good I missed Louis Mueller today. Never had one before, but they are like the hombows at Pike Place Market, but with a ton of different fillings. Went to Slovacek’s rather than Czech Stop based on the info from my Texas insiders.

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Longview, TX

Kolaches for the win. So good I missed Louis Mueller today. Never had one before, but they are like the hombows at Pike Place Market, but with a ton of different fillings. Went to Slovacek’s rather than Czech Stop based on the info from my Texas insiders.

Need pictures
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Can’t go through Texas without hitting up Buccee’s
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    R.I.P. John Mueller

John Mueller, one of Texas’s legendary pitmasters, died this week at the age of 52 in Frisco, as initially reported by Texas Monthly barbecue editor Daniel Vaughn and confirmed by Austin 360.

Mueller had opened and cooked under various ventures throughout his life, but wherever he was, he was known for creating perfect yet simple brisket and hefty tender smoked beef ribs, as well as his signature side, the iconic cheesy squash.

Mueller comes from barbecue royalty; he’s the son of the late Bobby Mueller and grandson of the late Louie Mueller. The family is behind the famous Taylor, Texas, joint Louie Mueller Barbecue, where he started working as young as six years old setting up and cleaning the restaurant.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dflea said:

My buddy would take me to Hard Eight BBQ when I'd be in Dallas for bidness. Their sausage and their banana pudding were always awesome.

Hard 8 is where I was told to go. Good stuff. Hutchins up in Frisco by me is good too. Honestly everyone can cook brisket. I like the spicy sausage everywhere
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Rudy’s bbq is great for smoked Turkey. Yes it is in a gas station but it’s legit.

Hard 8 is good. The jalapeño sausage is great. It may or may not be a sexual move as well.

When I went to Austin the first time I stayed at my friend's place and he's like look dude you can get a 10/10 and wait for like hours or a 9/10 and just say fuck it and go to Rudy's down the street.

They threw up a couple in Phoenix too
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Actually, I’m think Stubbs in Austin has a ribs and ride to 6th street in a rickshaw special.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rudy’s bbq is great for smoked Turkey. Yes it is in a gas station but it’s legit.

Hard 8 is good. The jalapeño sausage is great. It may or may not be a sexual move as well.

Rudy’s is a chain, HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Memphis BBQ > Texas BBQ.

Sorry. Fact.

See, that’s were you went sideways here. Memphis is all about the pork, especially ribs. Spare ribs, baby backs, etc. Texas is the king of beef. Apples and Oranges quite frankly.