Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Great Board Choice as Ever - $20 bills Y'all

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Harriet Tubman bumping AJack on the $20. Jacksonian democracy takes another hit under Biden.

This is potentially Tug-talk, but it involves money, and we? own that topic on @DerekJohnson 's free boards, do we not gentlemen?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-moving-forward-placing-harriet-tubman-20-bill-n1255566

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,532
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We're talking about the photo on the bill not getting Benjamins to those in need

Doing shit for show ain't like giving people dough

Holler
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Replacing the racist founder of the Democrats with a gun toting Republican? I’m ok with that.

$1 - Federalist
    $2 - Republican-Democrat
    $5 - Republican
    $10 - Federalist
    $20 - soon to be Republican
    $50 - Republican
    $100 - Federalist

Now let’s get rid of Roosevelt on the dime!
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Well this board had a great run while it lasted
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Harriet Tubman bumping AJack on the $20. Jacksonian democracy takes another hit under Biden.

This is potentially Tug-talk, but it involves money, and we? own that topic on @DerekJohnson 's free boards, do we not gentlemen?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-moving-forward-placing-harriet-tubman-20-bill-n1255566

Should have been done a long time ago
  • Options

We're talking about the photo on the bill not getting Benjamins to those in need

Holler

Tug.
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

Well this board had a great run while it lasted

Come on now. Don't give up so easily. We have some quality posters here doing good work. We can handle a little shit talk now and again.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can I still buy a handjob with one at the Enumclaw Truck Stop? That's all that matters to me.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2021
    I have no problem with this. It’s important the design of currency change periodically to keep ahead of those pesky counterfeiters. And it’s a great way to honor important figures in US history, like Tubman.

It was interesting to me that back in the day though most US money favored allergorical figures, like Lady Liberty and Justice, rather than actual people (biggest exception being whoever was the Secretary of Treasury at the time).
  • Options

Replacing the racist founder of the Democrats with a gun toting Republican? I’m ok with that.

$1 - Federalist
    $2 - Republican-Democrat
    $5 - Republican
    $10 - Federalist
    $50 - Republican
    $100 - Federalist

Keeping it this side of the Tug, of course, were there any non-racists in Jackson's day?
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

$1 - Federalist
    $2 - Republican-Democrat
    $5 - Republican
    $10 - Federalist
    $50 - Republican
    $100 - Federalist

Keeping it this side of the Tug, of course, were there any non-racists in Jackson's day?
    Yes. In New England. And there’s a big, big gap from your run of the mill, 19th century-by-today’s-standard racist (ex. Back to Africa’ers, rural northern farmers, non slave holding southerners) and a guy who committed genocide against an entire race of people.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

$1 - Federalist
    $2 - Republican-Democrat
    $5 - Republican
    $10 - Federalist
    $50 - Republican
    $100 - Federalist

Yes. In New England. And there’s a big, big gap from your run of the mill, 19th century-by-today’s-standard racist (ex. Back to Africa’ers, rural northern farmers, non slave holding southerners) and a guy who committed genocide against an entire race of people.
    That's fair. He wasn't a nice guy, perhaps even by the standards of his time.
  • Options
    dflea said:

Do people really care about shit like this? If I hand over that bill and get $20 worth of good or services, then that's all I need to know. Why shouldn't Harriet Tubman get some FREE PUB!!?!!

Somebody cares. I promise. Alas, that discussion is better left for the Tug.

We’re still feeling our way through here.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Do people really care about shit like this? If I hand over that bill and get $20 worth of good or services, then that's all I need to know. Why shouldn't Harriet Tubman get some FREE PUB!!?!!

Somebody cares. I promise. Alas, that discussion is better left for the Tug.

We’re still feeling our way through here.
    Interesting.

I guess not everyone grew up with an old man that would knock the piss out of you for being a whiny, sniveling knob about things that don't really matter.
    If you or the creep were my dad I'd be down you crusty old fucks. I'd resent you and rebel but it's all good
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

I switched to wampum in August
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

I’m stocking up on ammo; it’s fungible.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,821
    Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

dflea said:

I’m stocking up on ammo; it’s fungible.
    #metoo
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Holler

Stop.collaborate and listen....