Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Day in Music January 25

1931 - Stig Anderson
Swedish songwriter, producer and ABBA's manager Stig Anderson. He co-wrote some of ABBA's biggest hits, such as ‘Waterloo’, ‘Mamma Mia’, ‘S.O.S’, ‘Fernando’, ‘Dancing Queen’, ‘Knowing Me, Knowing You’. During the 1960s he was one of Sweden's most prolific songwriters, producing more than 3,000 published titles. Anderson died of a heart attack on 12th Sept 1997.

1938 - Etta James
Etta James, singer, who had 9 US Top 40 hits during the 60s including the 1996 UK No.5 single 'I Just Want To Make Love To You'. James died on January 20, 2012.

1954 - Robert Finch
Robert Finch, singer with American disco and funk group KC and the Sunshine Band who had the 1975 US No.1 single 'That's The Way, I Like It', and the 1983 UK No.1 single 'Give It Up'.

1981 - Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys, American R&B and soul singer, songwriter, (born Alicia J. Augello-Cook). Scored the 2001 US No.1 & UK No.3 single 'Fallin' and the 2001 US No.1 & UK No.7 album 'Songs In A Minor'. Keys has sold over 25 million albums and singles worldwide and won numerous awards, including nine Grammys.

1989 - Bobby Brown
Bobby Brown was arrested for an overtly sexually suggestive performance after a show in Columbus; he was fined $652 under the anti-lewdness ordinance law.

2004 - Bob Dylan
Bob Dylan was paid by ladies underwear company Victoria’s Secret to fly to Venice in Northern Italy, to film a TV advertisement in an ancient palazzo with a scantily dressed model. Some fans were upset while others empathized with Dylan.