Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fascism 101: Understanding what Antifa and Fascism are, and how they function in these times.

TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
edited January 2021 in Tug Tavern
https://merionwest.com/2020/06/17/no-antifa-is-not-synonymous-with-anti-fascism/

If you don't get the point, at long last, you're probably beyond help at this point.

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    edited January 2021

".... if fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. And what is fascism? Fascism is private ownership, private enterprise, but total government control and regulation. Well, isn’t this the liberal philosophy? The conservative is the one that says less government, get off my back, get out of my pocket, and let me have more control of my own destiny.”

I'd argue that antifa are certainly using fascist tactics, anarchy in particular, in deluded hopes that their LARPing asses will either topple the current system or make the current situation so untenable that they are able seize some level of power. Politically they are Marxists, basically inbred communist cousins of fascism. Effectually they are nothing more than useful idiots. They'll be allowed to play until democrats feel embarrassed enough to react. Biden's "war on domestic terrorism" will be firmly aimed at conservatives, but at some point he and his ilk will use it to reign in the useful idiots. The real fascists have already taken control.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter

".... if fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. And what is fascism? Fascism is private ownership, private enterprise, but total government control and regulation. Well, isn’t this the liberal philosophy? The conservative is the one that says less government, get off my back, get out of my pocket, and let me have more control of my own destiny.”

I'd argue that antifa are certainly using fascist tactics, anarchy in particular, in deluded hopes that their LARPing asses will either topple the current system or make the current situation so untenable that they are able seize some level of power. Politically they are Marxists, basically inbred communist cousins of fascism. Effectually they are nothing more than useful idiots. They'll be allowed to play until democrats feel embarrassed enough to react. Biden's "war on domestic terrorism" will be firmly aimed at conservatives, but at some point he and his ilk will use it to reign in the useful idiots. The real fascists have already taken control.

The problem is that at this point that on the ground is that normal dems have had no interest in reigning in antifa and BLM nutcases. Portland and Seattle are largely controlled by antifa and BLM. There currently isn't any support for a real crackdown on the rioting. Same with the homeless. Portland is just throwing more money at the problem and for some reason its getting worse. When Portland or Seattle elect a Rudy Giuliani wannabe, that will be the tell. I just don't see that happening.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    Main point of the article is that you aren't a Fascist unless you do Fascist shit. That's what it takes to legitimately be called a Fascist.

And that's what Antifa and the violent Left are doing right now, i.e. their own brand of Fascism.

You aren't a Fascist simply because you believe in shit the growing, expanding Wing-Nut sector of the Left doesn't agree with.