Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Jimmy fucking Lake

Comments

• Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Win 75% of the games he has coached

Sounds good but then I busted out the slide rule for some higher math. Thats 9-3. Not gonna cut it in this CFB climate. The guy who just left isn't well liked around here after winning about 9 per.
    13th best winning percentage among active D1 football coaches. Based on your quote it looks Jimbo and Kelly’s seats are getting a little warm. SMH

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,097
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

It is weird that there is literally no info out there on who is being considered, interviewed, etc for the DC job. Has Lake even acknowledged that they have an open position at DC and that they are openly looking for one?

Maybe he will make Gregory and Malloe co-DC’s and call the defense himself. Hire a young grad assistant or random position coach off a WAC team to coach OLB’s. It really wouldn’t surprise me.
    Treat the dc role like the running back position.

Gregory calls the plays on the first drive, Malloe on the second drive, Harris third, Brown fourth then repeat.

If one of them doesn't show up for practice it becomes a 3-coach rotation
    So, does that mean we prefer “big coaches?”
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Its 100% going to be some assistant NFL guy, most likely a demoted former DC that has never recruited before in his life.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Its 100% going to be some assistant NFL guy, most likely a demoted former DC that has never recruited before in his life.

Kris Richard? That would actually be a good hire.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Can anyone explain why Tom Herman isn't already our OC or at least hired on in the Tedford role with the promise of OC in 2022?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I’m dooging hard for Jimmy to succeed. I’m going to be patient but it doesn’t mean I won’t laugh at y’all’s Stuff
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TommySQC said:

It is weird that there is literally no info out there on who is being considered, interviewed, etc for the DC job. Has Lake even acknowledged that they have an open position at DC and that they are openly looking for one?

Rumor is they are waiting for the NFL season to be over before announcing an NFL guy.

Whispers behind the scenes are it will be a big splash. All I can say are the initials are BB but keep it in chat please. I don't want to see this stuff getting out on the boards. What happens in chat stays in chat.
    Bennie Blades?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Sounds good but then I busted out the slide rule for some higher math. Thats 9-3. Not gonna cut it in this CFB climate. The guy who just left isn't well liked around here after winning about 9 per.
    13th best winning percentage among active D1 football coaches. Based on your quote it looks Jimbo and Kelly’s seats are getting a little warm. SMH

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

You dont get...well...much of anything.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2021
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,004
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

They were all home games... should have won 100%.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,463
    Swaye's Wigwam

They were all home games... should have won 100%.
    We would have if not for the "2nd best DC in the country"
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

It’s not weird. They were politely waiting for Oregon to hire DeRuyter so they can congratulate the Ducks on a great hire, claiming it proves how great the PAC-12 North is.
    You've stepped up your posting game lately
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

Rumor is they are waiting for the NFL season to be over before announcing an NFL guy.

Whispers behind the scenes are it will be a big splash. All I can say are the initials are BB but keep it in chat please. I don't want to see this stuff getting out on the boards. What happens in chat stays in chat.
    Billy Beane?

Brigitte Bardot?

Bob Barker?
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,097
    Bell Biv (no Devoe)?