Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tryon and Levi both first rounders in this mock

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

Lol no

I don't think it happens but it's certainly possible
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    A world could exist
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Should really resonate with our walk-on recruiting
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Lol no

Unless tryon runs a 4.5 forty at 255 pounds I don’t see it happen. His tape is too inconsistent to be a first rounder. Not sure Levi is worth the pick in the first 2 rounds
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Hard to imagine Tryon going in the 1st unless he runs something crazy.

He had one ok 2019 season and thats it...

If he came back and put in the work across from ZTF he could have actually been a legit 3-4 OLB Anthoney Barr type guy that goes in the top15.

But GMs and Scouts are retarded and enamored by the underwear Olympics so someone might take him and get fired in 3 years for spending a 1st on a guy that needs 2+ more years of development.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Lol no

Unless tryon runs a 4.5 forty at 255 pounds I don’t see it happen. His tape is too inconsistent to be a first rounder. Not sure Levi is worth the pick in the first 2 rounds
    Don't see how Levi goes before Budda went. A high pick at Nickel should be an assassin in run support and Levi is not in Budda's league in that regard.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Jeremiah knows his shit. Not sure I see Levi sneaking in, but Tryon could underwear his way in.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Penis Swell to my Cowboys?! I will take it!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,311
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Keep in mind that the draft is no longer filled with great defensive players

There's no D in football anymore
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If they both get drafted in the first round I will cut off my dick and replace it with a scorpion tail.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Levi’s really fucking good ... I think a lot of you underrate him

If people didn't realize how good he was they should simply watch our run defense without him this season.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

If people didn't realize how good he was they should simply watch our run defense without him this season.
    Run defense was shit with him in 2020. He's a very good run defender but Budda is a level above, roll any tape you want. He'll go pretty high but I don't see first round.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2021
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

It wasn’t very good the year before either. Cal and Oregon ran all over us. USC too even tho we won.

Levi’s good and consistently got a little better each season. He wasn’t all that impactful tho, more of a solid starter.
  • Options

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

It wasn’t very good the year before either. Cal and Oregon ran all over us.

Levi’s good and consistently got a little better each season.
    Someone call Mike Voral he is crying, apparently no one reads his stuff.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/dec/06/analysis-washingtons-diluted-run-defense-is-more-t/

Year: YPG, YPC

2020: 161.2, 4.54

2019: 142.44, 4.03

2018: 117.10, 3.63

2017: 91.89, 2.63

2016: 133.20, 3.96

2015: 147.56, 3.73

2014: 125.56, 3.50

Washington’s rushing defense woes were already becoming apparent in 2019.

In a 20-19 loss to Cal, the Golden Bears rushed for 192 yards and 5.1 yards per carry.

In a 28-14 win over USC, the Trojans rushed for 212 yards and 6.4 yards per carry.

In a 23-13 loss to Stanford, the Cardinal rushed for 189 yards and 4.4 yards per carry.

In a 20-14 loss to Colorado, the Buffs rushed for 207 yards and 5.0 yards per carry.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Run defense was shit with him in 2020. He's a very good run defender but Budda is a level above, roll any tape you want. He'll go pretty high but I don't see first round.
    It's kind of a dumb comparison to even make. There's a whole different calculus when looking at different positions and draft classes.

Levi is among the handful of best interior DL in the draft. He's versatile, strong,, quick and disruptive and will be a good interior pass rusher. Someone is going to love him.

He played out of position in 2019 a lot of the time. He's not a 320lb tree stump but was plugging the middle and taking on blockers for much of the season at 285-290.

Personally I see Levi as a first rounder and Tryon dropping to round 3-4 when he isn't as amazing at running drills and lifting weights as people seem to think he will be.
  • Options

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

It wasn’t very good the year before either. Cal and Oregon ran all over us. USC too even tho we won.

Levi’s good and consistently got a little better each season. He wasn’t all that impactful tho, more of a solid starter.
    Yes but the reason it was so bad in 2019 was the LB play. DL play was significantly better. Put 2020 DL play with 2019 LB play and you would have a complete sieve.
  • Options

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Comparing him to Budda makes absolutely no sense. Completely different positions, different roles and different drafts.

Obviously Budda was a more impactful player at UW, no one is going to argue that. There were concerns with how his game would play at the next level because of his size. The Cardinals got a steal because of it.

None of this has anything to do with Levi.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

If people didnt realize how good Sark was they should simply watch UW without him during Willingham.