Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Student loan cancellations

Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,201 Swaye's Wigwam
Now that the dems have the complete power, why is no legislation on the table for student loan cancellation? Why the repeated asks from AOC, Bernie and Schumer for Biden just to cancel it with EO?

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    They're punting on it by continuing to delay payments.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Because it was all a lie to pander for votes?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    edited January 2021

I don’t have a problem with suspending payments and temporarily halting interest accruals. Like damned near everything else in the country (and most certainly the blue states), the government halted the economy/employment.

Major problem with complete forgiveness. The dumbfucks who racked up six figure debt so they could attend the toniest schools and get fuck-all degrees need to suffer with the consequences of their fucktard choices. That’s called ‘life’

I'd be cool with 10k. Since I have like 3 or 4 or something like that

#givemecommunismorgivemedeath
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,201 Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t have a problem with suspending payments and temporarily halting interest accruals. Like damned near everything else in the country (and most certainly the blue states), the government halted the economy/employment.

Major problem with complete forgiveness. The dumbfucks who racked up six figure debt so they could attend the toniest schools and get fuck-all degrees need to suffer with the consequences of their fucktard choices. That’s called ‘life’

Yeah agreed on all of that.

Point is around process and power. Nothing is stopping this but themselves. Put your agenda into actual bills.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    I've shelled out probably 300K+ of my hard earned money to put my kids through school and graduate with no debt with valuable degrees from top schools and the government can fuck off with forgiving debt for these idiots who took it for their no-value degrees.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,837 Standard Supporter
    The rats might try to forgive student loans down the road. It will be a very big blow to middle America who work hard and save hard to make a future for themselves. Those that get into high cost schools are typically upper class income families. So the middle class Americans will be paying for those "rich kid" educations and that is not going to go over well.

The big push that is coming from rat corners is the big bailouts for states like CA, OR, IL etc. The states that pay themselves and public employees exorbitant retirement packages that the private sector clearly cannot afford to pay for. CA is essentially bankrupt, same with OR and IL and many others. The stock market has been at all time highs for several years now and if you look at the investment returns on state funded retirement portfolios, the gains are nowhere near keeping up. As a matter of fact many states are going backwards. They will never rebound and have enough investment income to pay for the golden parachutes they awarded themselves. This effort by the rats is coming and it will further kill the economy and piss off millions upon million of private sector workers and those on fixed incomes.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    If its forgiven it should be in true communist style...forgive as much as the govt confiscates from the endowments of these Universities. Harvard's endowment is at $42 billion...looks like a good place to start.

• Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,972
    They won't cancel anyone's debt. For starters, any plan they come up with will also have to apply to current and future students. That means anyone can go to college for free now. Hell, I'm gonna become a full time student. Always wanted to study music and history. Sweet.

Otherwise, what are they gonna do, just cancel a bunch of random people's debt just because they happened to have gone to school during a particular time frame and say fuck you to anyone who went to college before or afterwards?

The best they can do is forgive certain amounts, or lengthen the repayment period, etc. We aren't going to see significant cancellation of debt for anyone. That's why it's not on the table. Biden knows once you dig into the realities, total cancellation is not feasible.

• BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,837 Standard Supporter
    "what are they gonna do, just cancel a bunch of random people's debt just because they happened to have gone to school during a particular time frame and say fuck you to anyone who went to college before or afterwards?"

I too believe it was simply a campaign ploy by the left, anything to buy a vote. However, this would not be the first time the Fed, when run by rats, has said fuck you to those that make good decisions and exercise personal responsibility.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

They won't cancel anyone's debt. For starters, any plan they come up with will also have to apply to current and future students. That means anyone can go to college for free now. Hell, I'm gonna become a full time student. Always wanted to study music and history. Sweet.

Otherwise, what are they gonna do, just cancel a bunch of random people's debt just because they happened to have gone to school during a particular time frame and say fuck you to anyone who went to college before or afterwards?

The best they can do is forgive certain amounts, or lengthen the repayment period, etc. We aren't going to see significant cancellation of debt for anyone. That's why it's not on the table. Biden knows once you dig into the realities, total cancellation is not feasible.

They could apply a race, gender and sexual orientation metric to who's debt gets cancelled. Black lesbian, trannie would be first in line to get their debt cancelled.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2021

It shouldn't all be forgiven.

The fact is tuition has become insane over the last 20 years. Kids are brainwashed to believe spending $125,000 for a Slovenian trans studies degree is the way to go. There's blame to go around. It's pretty obvious a few are getting rich off something the government used to subsidize more for middle class families.

People are brainwashed into voting for leftists and that there are 'many fine people' too - that doesn't make it right and they continue to swallow bullshit.

Buy a fucking Audi on a Yugo budget because of advertising/brainwashing, just fuck the fuck off for being an idiot.

Caveat emptor, bitches.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    The root of this problem will always be the public school system. There are a handful of classes you take in high school that are actually somewhat valuable in the long run but the rest of it is pointless. Then your teachers fill your head with how you need to go to college after HS and "do whatever you want". Don't worry you can get an almost guaranteed loan so school will be free. Ping Pong history is a great major as long as you have the passion for it.

Student loan forgiveness won't happen, it was only used to get votes. The amount of chaos it would create for the parents and students who paid their way through college would be insane and Biden doesn't want that. Payments will probably just keep getting suspended so it makes it look like the government is doing something.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,984
    They’ll do whatever is going to get them the most votes.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,473 Founders Club
    thechatch said:

They’ll do whatever is going to get them the most votes.

Its interesting that what gets them the most votes is not what their base wants 81% of the time
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

I've shelled out probably 300K+ of my hard earned money to put my kids through school and graduate with no debt with valuable degrees from top schools and the government can fuck off with forgiving debt for these idiots who took it for their no-value degrees.

Unfortunately most likely you will end up the chump. But its okay and you deserve it for being rich. And probably white.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    dnc said:

Basically. I still feel good about something getting done eventually.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,473 Founders Club

dnc said:

Basically. I still feel good about something getting done eventually.
    DNC target demographic