Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

39.6%

thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Goodbye, American small business.

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Oh no

Now no one will ever want to work again
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Oh no. Our fake MBA grad again pretends that taxes don't have a negative effect private business and investment.

Oh no. Our fake MBA grad again pretends that taxes don't have a negative effect private business and investment.

Back in the dark days of 39.6%, no one was investing or doing business. Now 37%--that was liberty!
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,253
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

Back in the dark days of 39.6%, no one was investing or doing business. Now 37%--that was liberty!
    You still in your basement?

HHusky said:

I've had my first dose.

Partying like it's 1979!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I was right again. They’re giving shots to anyone now
    doogie said:

I was right again. They’re giving shots to anyone now

It's not what you know . . .
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    It's not that big of a deal. I'm more concerned about the national $15 minimum wage. On the west coast that works, but putting a $15 minimum wage in places around Jackson Mississippi will be catastrophic to their employment.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I've had my first dose.

Partying like it's 1979!
    You must be really old
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Not horrible yet. However, diminishing returns eventually will kick in. If Biden goes high enough, much of the wealthy money will travel overseas or will be placed into deferred tax strategies. It gets to a point where higher taxes can lead to lower government revenue.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,715
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Another retard argument

If ALL economic activity doesn't stop there is no effect

And 37 is too high
    edited January 2021

HHusky said:

Another retard argument

If ALL economic activity doesn't stop there is no effect

And 37 is too high
    How are we? going to pay for your entitlements?

And way back when the highest marginal rate was 39.6%, you told us that Daddy's economy was roaring.
    RoadTrip said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I've had my first dose.

Partying like it's 1979!
    You must be really old
    A fact not in dispute.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    Standard Supporter
    Actually, small businesses formed as an LLC or S corporation are taxed at around 25% by the feds. We had record low US unemployment a year ago under Trump and his tax cuts. But why shoot for record low unemployment as a goal when you can punish corporations and small businesses for being successful.
    edited January 2021

Actually, small businesses formed as an LLC or S corporation are taxed at around 25% by the feds. We had record low US unemployment a year ago under Trump and his tax cuts. But why shoot for record low unemployment as a goal when you can punish corporations and small businesses for being successful.

Mr. Likeable referenced the top marginal income tax rate. The same top marginal rate that wasn't slowing that economic marvel you told us Daddy should get credit for before the tax cuts.

I envy those of you who are too rich to thinks it's even worth trying to earn that $622,000th dollar if you'll only get to keep 60.4% of it.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HHusky said:

Mr. Likeable referenced the top marginal income tax rate. The same top marginal rate that wasn't slowing that economic marvel you told us Daddy should get credit for before the tax cuts.

I envy those of you who are too rich to thinks it's even worth trying to earn that $622,000nd dollar if you'll only get to keep 60.4% of it.
    There is zero chance you own a successful LLC. It must not even clear $400k if tax increases don’t impact your bottom line, Ozark.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    The entire issue is how much should be directly distributed back into the economy through investment and private spending versus run through government coffers first, so they can grift the fuck out of each dollar to pay for stupid, useless, nepotism-filled jobs like "diversity and inclusion" officers or "academic support" jobs, before returning a pittance of that dollar into the marketplace.

If you think Big Government spends other people's money more responsibly than people spend their own hard-earned dollars, well, then that makes you @HHusky, aka a total fucking idiot.

HHusky said:

I envy those of you who are too rich to thinks it's even worth trying to earn that $622,000nd dollar if you'll only get to keep 60.4% of it.
    There is zero chance you own a successful LLC. It must not even clear $400k if tax increases don’t impact your bottom line, Ozark.
    But I'm not saying 39.6% won't impact my bottom line, Natasha.

The entire issue is how much should be directly distributed back into the economy through investment and private spending versus run through government coffers first, so they can grift the fuck out of each dollar to pay for stupid, useless, nepotism-filled jobs like "diversity and inclusion" officers or "academic support" jobs, before returning a pittance of that dollar into the marketplace.

If you think Big Government spends other people's money more responsibly than people spend their own hard-earned dollars, well, then that makes you @HHusky, aka a total fucking idiot.

How can we possibly be expected to pay taxes until we agree with the expenditure of every single line item?