Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

he gone

Comments

• Options
    MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Seriously, what the fuck is going on in the program? Fuck the “next man up” crap, losing talent hurts. What are the coaches doing/not doing to retain their own players?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,925
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Seriously, what the fuck is going on in the program? Fuck the “next man up” crap, losing talent hurts. What are the coaches doing/not doing to retain their own players?

WRs don't want to play in shitty "Run the damn ball" backwards ass 1980's offenses.
    So why then did you downvote another posters comment on not getting the rock if you can’t block. Kinda feels like his comment and yours go hand and hand.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

WRs don't want to play in shitty "Run the damn ball" backwards ass 1980's offenses.
    So why then did you downvote another posters comment on not getting the rock if you can’t block. Kinda feels like his comment and yours go hand and hand.
    It’s quite simple. You block really well and still not get the rock because we play an offense that runs a ton of clock and runs into loaded boxes. Limited reps. Also a lot of fullback and 3 tight end sets. I can’t believe I am having to explain this.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2021

dnc said:

Because Ty Jones was easily our best blocking receiver and he gone too.

This has shit to do with whether a receiver can block.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021
    Giving a shit about WRs blocking is liking worrying about whether or not your 2nd string left tackle has good hands. Unless you're something like Chip Kelly at Oregon rushing for 300 yards a game, this is the stupidest shit ever.

Nick fucking Saban DGAF if Jerry Jeudy or Calvin Ridley or DeVonte Smith or Amari Cooper or Henry Ruggs could block. Way to turn a 5 yard gain into an 8 yard gain once in a while with a guy like Puka who can go 70 yards after the catch. FFS. Haiefuckingstupid.

No block no rock is code for a coaching staff being too fucking stupid to put one of the best athletes on the field in a position to succeed.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club
    So BYU gets the last laugh
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,925
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

It’s quite simple. You block really well and still not get the rock because we play an offense that runs a ton of clock and runs into loaded boxes. Limited reps. Also a lot of fullback and 3 tight end sets. I can’t believe I am having to explain this.
    No, I get it. Just miss understood another comment and self whooshed in the process.
  • Options
    BCoveysLifeInsPolicyBCoveysLifeInsPolicy Member Posts: 122
    Coach Pete had a clear vision for the program that he communicated regularly. He invested time and effort into creating a team identity and culture. Maybe in part it's because he was already a proven winning coach, but I never really felt much doubt about the program or its direction while he was at the helm. I felt like the messaging was clear and consistent, and actually reached the fans.

I feel like Coach Lake hasn't communicated his vision consistently. He may have one, but I don't really remember what it is. What is the team's identity? Where are the hype videos that show the members of the team excited to be where they are and ready for the next season? I know I've seen one or two in the past year, but nothing near as consistent. The culture of the team seems to be in jeopardy as well, considering all the departures. With this uncertainty, has Coach Lake made a concerted effort to reassure Husky Nation? If so, I haven't seen it.

Maybe my unease comes just from Coach Lake not having a head coaching record I can look back on and say "He has a clear system and results, I just gotta trust the process." But then again, Coach Pete communicated the process. Messaging from Coach Lake has not been nearly so clear.

I'm not ready to call it a dumpster fire yet. I'd like to see a full season, as I've mentioned before. But those embers are growing a bit brighter in light of this news...
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

Nick fucking Saban DGAF if Jerry Jeudy or Calvin Ridley or DeVonte Smith or Amari Cooper or Henry Ruggs could block.

If you don't think Saban cares about every facet of the game including WR blocking, well then, you are just

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,154
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Coach Pete had a clear vision for the program that he communicated regularly. He invested time and effort into creating a team identity and culture. Maybe in part it's because he was already a proven winning coach, but I never really felt much doubt about the program or its direction while he was at the helm. I felt like the messaging was clear and consistent, and actually reached the fans.

I feel like Coach Lake hasn't communicated his vision consistently. He may have one, but I don't really remember what it is. What is the team's identity? Where are the hype videos that show the members of the team excited to be where they are and ready for the next season? I know I've seen one or two in the past year, but nothing near as consistent. The culture of the team seems to be in jeopardy as well, considering all the departures. With this uncertainty, has Coach Lake made a concerted effort to reassure Husky Nation? If so, I haven't seen it.

Maybe my unease comes just from Coach Lake not having a head coaching record I can look back on and say "He has a clear system and results, I just gotta trust the process." But then again, Coach Pete communicated the process. Messaging from Coach Lake has not been nearly so clear.

I'm not ready to call it a dumpster fire yet. I'd like to see a full season, as I've mentioned before. But those embers are growing a bit brighter in light of this news...

I'm ready.

It's a dumpster fire.
    When you’ve lost @dnc
    I'll wait for @CallMeBigErn

It certainly isn't rainbows and unicorns right now, but I'm giving Jimmy a full season on the field to see what we're made of.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Because Ty Jones was easily our best blocking receiver and he gone too.

This has shit to do with whether a receiver can block.
    It is more nuanced. Sure Ty had some nice blocks, but he could also be a bit of a pussy when it came to fighting for close balls.

A starting WR at UW needs to excel at both -- not just one or the other.