Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The #MeToo movement

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,250
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://newsmax.com/us/secretary-of-state-mike-pompeo-tony-blinken-senate/2021/01/19/id/1006332/

President Donald Trump was right to take a "tougher approach" to the threats of China, according to Secretary of State-nominee Tony Blinken on Tuesday.

"President Trump was right in taking a tougher approach to China," Blinken told senators Tuesday during his confirmation hearing, as the New York Post reported. "I disagree very much with the way that he went about it in a number of areas, but the basic principle was the right one, and I think that's actually helpful to our foreign policy."

Blinken added more agreement with outgoing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo with regard to the Chinese government's treatment of Uighur Muslims as "genocide."

Also, Blinken said "there's been a strong and long bipartisan commitment to Taiwan," and his diplomatic approach will continue with "the commitment to Taiwan" as "something that we hold to very strongly."

https://newsmax.com/politics/jerusalem-blinken-biden-embassy/2021/01/19/id/1006324/

President-elect Joe Biden will not reverse Donald Trump's landmark recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital but will seek a state for the Palestinians, Antony Blinken, his nominee for secretary of state, said Tuesday.

Asked at his confirmation hearing by Senator Ted Cruz if the United States will continue its stance on Jerusalem and maintain its embassy, Blinken said without hesitation, "Yes and yes."

Trump didn't do anything

Comments

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,558
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I thought the embassy in J-town was going to start WW3?

LIPO I guess. I’m sure siding with Palestine will preserve the various ME peace treaties that Trump brokered.

Again, LIPO
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,250
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

LIPO I guess. I’m sure siding with Palestine will preserve the various ME peace treaties that Trump brokered.

Again, LIPO

I saw the Pali state line as a throw away as he admitted it isn't going to happen. Staying in Jerusalem is what counts

Now things change all the time and when Joe gets his Iranians in there all bets are off
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,558
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

Again, LIPO

I saw the Pali state line as a throw away as he admitted it isn't going to happen. Staying in Jerusalem is what counts

Now things change all the time and when Joe gets his Iranians in there all bets are off
    If they’re already teasing a Palestinian state initiative, and they don’t get major pushback from those in the State Dept, they’ll move forward on it. This is just the water-testing portion of our program.