Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Results - 7th Annual Jesse Callier Commemorative Post-Collegiate Career Impact Ranking Initiative

WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Thanks to all that participated in this year’s survey. We had 58 responses this year, slightly under last year’s turnout. As many of you noted, there was a lot of attrition, so the scores are pretty bad. Also, some of you obviously hold grudges. On to the results.

Josiah Bronson – 2.43 (+0.43 from HS ranking) – Solid showing for Josiah. I didn't think he was terrible, but I think he would have been a solid 3 if he'd come back for his 7th? year. @NorwegianHusky and @HuskyJW both gave him 1s.

Jordan Chin – 2.13 (-0.87 from HS ranking) – So 52 of you rated him based on his on field performance, and he got 1s and 2s. 6 of you included his contributions to HCH, and rated him a 5. As a result, had the highest standard deviation of any rating.

Ethan Garbers – 1.02 (-2.98 from HS ranking) – @bread gave him a 2. Everyone else gave him a 1. Good luck at UCLA. I wish he had stayed another year, but I get his decision in this new era of free agency.

Ty Jones – 2.43 (-1.57 from HS ranking) – @HoustonHusky and @79smoothdawg gave him a 1, while @1to392831weretaken gave him a 4. I'm a little surprised he transferred, but I think the writing was on the wall that he was going to start losing time to the new guys.

Brandon McKinney – 1.71 (-2.29 from HS ranking) – 3s from @Swaye and @ttj because they must have been too drunk to have seen the Rose Bowl.

Elijah Molden – 4.72 (+0.72 from HS ranking) – Highest rated player. All 4s and 5s. I think if he had gotten a few more games this year he would have been nearly a unanimous 5. His INT in the Utah game got us that win. I hope he kills it at the next level.

Cole Norgaard – 1.16 (-1.84 from HS ranking) – 7 people gave him a 2 (including, apparently, me) and @whlinder gave him a 3. Um, why? I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Levi Onwuzurike – 4.00 (+0.00 from HS ranking) – 7 3s (really?, I don't get it), 40 4s, 7 5s (don't really get that one either), and a 1 from @dirtysouwfdawg because he's angry. IDGAF if he left, Levi was a baller and I always thought he was super likeable. Probably lost half a point by opting out.

Sama Pa'ama – 1.16 (-2.84 from HS ranking) – 5 of you, @TheDawgFan1227 @RDR @HuskyJW @Ice_Holmvik and @Houhusky gave him a 2 and @Bread gave him a 5. I'm unclear how he's not a 1 by every single metric. I'm pretty sure he never played a single down. Does anyone know why he quit? I know he had a pretty rough upbringing, so hopefully he's going to still get his degree.

Jacob Sirmon – 1.33 (-2.67 from HS ranking) – 3s from @79smoothdawg and @godawgst for an unknown reason. I can get why someone might give him a 2, but I think his ranking is pretty spot on.

Van Soderburg – 1.28 (-1.72 from HS ranking) – This guy wasted a scholarship for 3 years. He deserves a 0 IMHO. Why 10 of you gave him a 2 is beyond belief, but why @Ice_Holmvik gave him a 3 is unexplainable. Also, I assume @seatownfunk giving him a 5 is pure sarkasm.

Keith Taylor – 3.36 (-0.64 from HS ranking) – On longevity he's probably a 4, but it feels like he's been the same quality of player for the last 3 years. This score feels right. @FireCohen and @NorwegianHusky gave him a 2 because they're mean.

Kevin Thomson – 1.05 (+0.12 from HS ranking) – @Swaye @rdr and @Bread gave him a 2 for his exquisite clipboard holding. I don't think he played a down.

Joe Tryon – 3.21 (+0.21 from HS ranking) – Not much love for Tryon here. I think he made a dumb mistake opting out, but I get why he did it at the time. Could have boosted his stock playing opposite of ZTF. A 1 from opt-out-hating @dirtysouwfdawg and 2s from @whlinder @HoustonHusky and @PurpleSmoke . 10 people gave him a 4.

Jack Yary – 1.07 (-2.93 from HS ranking) – Almost a unanimous 1, but @bread gave him a 5, which I have to believe was sarcasm.

Departing player that will be missed the most:
Molden - 67%
Levi - 16%
Chin - 11%
Tryon, Yary, Soderburg, and Janet Reno - 2% apiece

Will follow up with a few more numbers later.
Tagged:

Comments

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Oops, I got norgaaard confused or clicked a button wrong, he should be a 1.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If you start in the Rose Bowl, you’re a 3. HTH.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There should be some kind of quality control. I would define it as this: If somebody is high enough to give Levi Onwuzurike a 1, their ballot doesn't count.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

There should be some kind of quality control. I would define it as this: If somebody is high enough to give Levi Onwuzurike a 1, their ballot doesn't count.

It’s called anger and holding a grudge. Deal with it.

I haven’t done drugs in years, thank you very much.
    Yes, McKinney had a bad game. In the Rose Bowl.

Against tOSU. Ask Dabo whether there’s any shame in getting torched by tOSU.

Was McKinney’s Rose Bowl worse than Browning’s Peach Bowl? Would you give Browning, or any other Husky who started in a NY6 game, a score lower than 3?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Woof said:

Thanks to all that participated in this year’s survey. We had 58 responses this year, slightly under last year’s turnout. As many of you noted, there was a lot of attrition, so the scores are pretty bad. Also, some of you obviously hold grudges. On to the results.

Josiah Bronson – 2.43 (+0.43 from HS ranking) – Solid showing for Josiah. I didn't think he was terrible, but I think he would have been a solid 3 if he'd come back for his 7th? year. @NorwegianHusky and @HuskyJW both gave him 1s.

Jordan Chin – 2.13 (-0.87 from HS ranking) – So 52 of you rated him based on his on field performance, and he got 1s and 2s. 6 of you included his contributions to HCH, and rated him a 5. As a result, had the highest standard deviation of any rating.

Ethan Garbers – 1.02 (-2.98 from HS ranking) – @bread gave him a 2. Everyone else gave him a 1. Good luck at UCLA. I wish he had stayed another year, but I get his decision in this new era of free agency.

Ty Jones – 2.43 (-1.57 from HS ranking) – @HoustonHusky and @79smoothdawg gave him a 1, while @1to392831weretaken gave him a 4. I'm a little surprised he transferred, but I think the writing was on the wall that he was going to start losing time to the new guys.

Brandon McKinney – 1.71 (-2.29 from HS ranking) – 3s from @Swaye and @ttj because they must have been too drunk to have seen the Rose Bowl.

Elijah Molden – 4.72 (+0.72 from HS ranking) – Highest rated player. All 4s and 5s. I think if he had gotten a few more games this year he would have been nearly a unanimous 5. His INT in the Utah game got us that win. I hope he kills it at the next level.

Cole Norgaard – 1.16 (-1.84 from HS ranking) – 7 people gave him a 2 (including, apparently, me) and @whlinder gave him a 3. Um, why? I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Levi Onwuzurike – 4.00 (+0.00 from HS ranking) – 7 3s (really?, I don't get it), 40 4s, 7 5s (don't really get that one either), and a 1 from @dirtysouwfdawg because he's angry. IDGAF if he left, Levi was a baller and I always thought he was super likeable. Probably lost half a point by opting out.

Sama Pa'ama – 1.16 (-2.84 from HS ranking) – 5 of you, @TheDawgFan1227 @RDR @HuskyJW @Ice_Holmvik and @Houhusky gave him a 2 and @Bread gave him a 5. I'm unclear how he's not a 1 by every single metric. I'm pretty sure he never played a single down. Does anyone know why he quit? I know he had a pretty rough upbringing, so hopefully he's going to still get his degree.

Jacob Sirmon – 1.33 (-2.67 from HS ranking) – 3s from @79smoothdawg and @godawgst for an unknown reason. I can get why someone might give him a 2, but I think his ranking is pretty spot on.

Van Soderburg – 1.28 (-1.72 from HS ranking) – This guy wasted a scholarship for 3 years. He deserves a 0 IMHO. Why 10 of you gave him a 2 is beyond belief, but why @Ice_Holmvik gave him a 3 is unexplainable. Also, I assume @seatownfunk giving him a 5 is pure sarkasm.

Keith Taylor – 3.36 (-0.64 from HS ranking) – On longevity he's probably a 4, but it feels like he's been the same quality of player for the last 3 years. This score feels right. @FireCohen and @NorwegianHusky gave him a 2 because they're mean.

Kevin Thomson – 1.05 (+0.12 from HS ranking) – @Swaye @rdr and @Bread gave him a 2 for his exquisite clipboard holding. I don't think he played a down.

Joe Tryon – 3.21 (+0.21 from HS ranking) – Not much love for Tryon here. I think he made a dumb mistake opting out, but I get why he did it at the time. Could have boosted his stock playing opposite of ZTF. A 1 from opt-out-hating @dirtysouwfdawg and 2s from @whlinder @HoustonHusky and @PurpleSmoke . 10 people gave him a 4.

Jack Yary – 1.07 (-2.93 from HS ranking) – Almost a unanimous 1, but @bread gave him a 5, which I have to believe was sarcasm.

Departing player that will be missed the most:
    Molden - 67%
    Levi - 16%
    Chin - 11%
    Tryon, Yary, Soderburg, and Janet Reno - 2% apiece

Will follow up with a few more numbers later.

Taylor sucked here. Never seen a person be in good coverage and still let a pass completion
    FireCohen said:

Taylor sucked here. Never seen a person be in good coverage and still let a pass completion

Four-year contributor, and two-year starter, for one of the nation’s best secondaries?

• 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I got my jacobs mixed up. Jacob the QB, not the jacob linebacker
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    More numbers:

Average score by JCCIPIRI survey vintage
    2016 – 2.33
    2017 – 3.04 (lost the Peach bowl)
    2018 – 2.42 (lost the Fiesta bowl)
    2019 – 2.95 (lost the Rose bowl)
    2020 – 2.35 (won the Vegas bowl)
    2021 - 2.14 (AIDS)

Average JCCIPIRI score by recruiting class (I’m excluding earlier years that I only have partial data for, and the start rating listed is only for the guys that have left the program so far)
    2013 – 2.59 (21 recruits, avg. star rating was 3.29)
    2014 – 2.66 (24 recruits, avg. star rating was 3.04)
    2015 – 2.27 (26 recruits, avg. star rating was 3.15)
    2016 – 2.67 (13 recruits, avg. star rating was 3.38)
    2017 – 2.83 (10 recruits, avg. star rating was 3.60)
    2018 – 1.09 (4 recruits, avg. star rating was 3.75) - this is dead weight (Sirmon, Mosiah, Yankoff, Lowe)
    2019 – 1.16 (1 recruits, avg. star rating was 4.00) - this is dead weight (Pa'ama)
    2020 – 1.04 (2 recruits, avg. star rating was 4.00) - this is dead weight (Yary & Garbers)

JCCIPIRI score by HS recruiting ranking
    2 star – 2.33 (11 recruits)
    3 star – 2.41 (74 recruits)
    4 star – 2.57 (38 recruits) - aka, 4 star talent does appear to matter a little bit, and is being dragged down by the dead weight in '18, '19, and '20 at the moment. Would be 2.79 without those guys.

Doogliest participants:
    1. @Bread – 3.04 average, primarily due to his 5 ratings for Yary, Pa'ama, and Chin
    2. @Bonedog – 2.67 average
    3. @Swaye and @Ice_Holmvik – 2.53 average

Biggest haters:
    1. @PurpleSmoke – 1.67 average
    2. @dirtysouwfdawg and @NorwegianHusky – 1.73 average

Lowest correlation with other respondents
    @Bread

Highest correlation with other respondents
    @FecalFeast and @Doogles
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Keith Taylor was the most overrated Husky of the past 10 years - maybe that's hyperbole, but can anyone name one game changing or big play that the guy made?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2021

Keith Taylor was the most overrated Husky of the past 10 years - maybe that's hyperbole, but can anyone name one game changing or big play that the guy made?

But he is a 4 year contributor, and two-year starter, for one of the nation’s best secondaries.....lol

Just because person behind him sucked and was not able to keep him on the bench does not make him good. UW depth at DB is overhyped
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

Was McKinney’s Rose Bowl worse than Browning’s Peach Bowl? Would you give Browning, or any other Husky who started in a NY6 game, a score lower than 3?

Yes, because they started in other games. A lot more games. That's such an obvious differentiator.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Woof said:

JCCIPIRI score by HS recruiting ranking
    2 star – 2.33 (11 recruits)
    3 star – 2.41 (74 recruits)
    4 star – 2.57 (38 recruits) - aka, 4 star talent does appear to matter a little bit, and is being dragged down by the dead weight in '18, '19, and '20 at the moment. Would be 2.79 without those guys.

What happens if you adjust by removing 2018-2020 since they did not contribute?

Would be interesting to do a subset of players who stay 3 years in the program.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The transfer portal is going to largely ruin this exercise. Was fun while it lasted.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    Yary's coke tales was the highlight of the season.

Sama Paaama did wonders for our avg weight across the line and overall youngness of our team. I'm not gonna knock a guy for health issues out of his control.

TTJ said:

McKinney was so bad he never started another game and was beat out by two shitty true freshmen the next year. The Dabo and Browning shit is some next level stupidity. You actually think you’re making a good argument?

Guys that play terrible and only start one game in 4 years aren’t three star guys.
    Molden
    Joyner
    Gilchrist
    Gordon
    Hampton
    Taylor
    Irvin

Pete coulda chosen any of these guys to start in Rapp’s place. In the Rose Bowl. He chose McKinney.

But hey, I filled out my survey. You fill out yours.