Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Centrist thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The irony of this entire thing is that the vast majority of us are centrists lol.

the problem is that most centrists stay silent
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm not puppet you're puppet POTD

Sedition has consequences
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,788
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

https://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/06/electoral.vote/

The move was not designed to overturn Bush's re-election, said Ohio Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones and California Sen. Barbara Boxer, who filed the objection.

The objecting Democrats, all of whom are House members except Boxer, said they wanted to draw attention to the need for aggressive election reform in the wake of what they said were widespread voter problems.

"Our legal teams on the ground have found no evidence that would change the outcome of the election," Kerry said.

Do you see the difference?

Claims of widespread voter problems and a want for election reform. The only difference I see is that 15 years later the Democrats don’t care about widespread voter problems nor do they want election reform.

Did you think you were making a point? A vote against certifying the EC is either sedition or it isn’t no matter the reason if one is being objective. You can’t say one attack on the EC is noble while another is sedition.
    Not true at all and again shows your lack of knowledge and awareness for your opponents viewpoint. Dems have been wanting election reform for decades and have been getting increasingly frustrated with the lack thereof. It’s largely been the Reps that have stood in the way, until now when things didn’t go their way.

The US election format badly needs an update. Most any honest person who’s been paying attention agrees.
    If you're suggesting eliminating the Electoral College, like we say, fuck off.

If you're suggesting verification and voter ID for those legally entitle to vote, fine.

No more midnight software updates.

Oh you only want the changes you think should happen. If only our government were a single party system that happened to be your party, then you could get it your way without compromise. Unfortunately you’ll probably have to give your opponent something to get things you want in order to change anything. Yeah the EC is old and outdated. Gerrymandering is a distortion of an oversight from bygone era. Election Day should be a holiday. Campaign finance regulation needs to be significantly improved. The voting process needs much more consistency across the system, and no I’m not opposed to voter ID’s that are done without the intention of excluding groups of people.
    I don't have a problem with amending the EC. It always seemed dumb. Gerrymandering is dumb too, but both sides do it. Republicons do it more supposedly. Campaign finance is a total joke. Corporations aren't people. Get all the dark money out of politicks. Liberals will always cry about voter i.d. because that's what they do. If you are too dumb and/or lazy to get a fucking government i.d., you shouldn't be voting.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

doogie said:

The move was not designed to overturn Bush's re-election, said Ohio Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones and California Sen. Barbara Boxer, who filed the objection.

The objecting Democrats, all of whom are House members except Boxer, said they wanted to draw attention to the need for aggressive election reform in the wake of what they said were widespread voter problems.

"Our legal teams on the ground have found no evidence that would change the outcome of the election," Kerry said.

sure.gif.

They fagged it up in 2000 and fagged it up again in 2016.

And how much 'aggressive election reform' did they actually do? And why aren't they still committed to 'aggressive election reform'?

Got Dominion control over elections without legislative approval, allegedly
    Good point - they didn't specifically say it was going to be 'good' aggressive election reform now, did they?

Sounds like Dominion promised the Best aggressive election reform possible, but I wasnt in the room and unless I have PROOF in Hand...
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

The irony of this entire thing is that the vast majority of us are centrists lol.

the problem is that most centrists stay silent
    they tend to be deaf to dog whistles. that's the real problem with them.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Claims of widespread voter problems and a want for election reform. The only difference I see is that 15 years later the Democrats don’t care about widespread voter problems nor do they want election reform.

Did you think you were making a point? A vote against certifying the EC is either sedition or it isn’t no matter the reason if one is being objective. You can’t say one attack on the EC is noble while another is sedition.
    Not true at all and again shows your lack of knowledge and awareness for your opponents viewpoint. Dems have been wanting election reform for decades and have been getting increasingly frustrated with the lack thereof. It’s largely been the Reps that have stood in the way, until now when things didn’t go their way.

The US election format badly needs an update. Most any honest person who’s been paying attention agrees.
    If you're suggesting eliminating the Electoral College, like we say, fuck off.

If you're suggesting verification and voter ID for those legally entitle to vote, fine.

No more midnight software updates.

Oh you only want the changes you think should happen. If only our government were a single party system that happened to be your party, then you could get it your way without compromise. Unfortunately you’ll probably have to give your opponent something to get things you want in order to change anything. Yeah the EC is old and outdated. Gerrymandering is a distortion of an oversight from bygone era. Election Day should be a holiday. Campaign finance regulation needs to be significantly improved. The voting process needs much more consistency across the system, and no I’m not opposed to voter ID’s that are done without the intention of excluding groups of people.
    I don't have a problem with amending the EC. It always seemed dumb. Gerrymandering is dumb too, but both sides do it. Republicons do it more supposedly. Campaign finance is a total joke. Corporations aren't people. Get all the dark money out of politicks. Liberals will always cry about voter i.d. because that's what they do. If you are too dumb and/or lazy to get a fucking government i.d., you shouldn't be voting.
    Unions should also be banned from making campaign donations, and especially the public employee unions. It’s absurd to pay taxes for public workers only to have some of that money end up in union coffers which is then given back mostly to Democrats. It’s theft because I can’t choose to not pay for these workers, and they then donate my money to the Democrats. Absurd.