Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Breaking Bad...

So I'm still not allowed to walk on my foot month and a half later after surgery, so I'm catching up on old TV (see Yellowstone thread).

Finally started watching Breaking Bad...started it once and couldn't get past the first 2 episodes. Slow. The fact everyone said the last season of GoT which did completely suck meant Breaking Bad had the best series ending ever kept me interested enough to want to understand what I missed. With my recent handicap started it again...powered through the first two seasons...they I guess were good background but they kinda sucked. Now halfway through Season 5 and I get the hype.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,087
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When it came out I quit after two episodes

I watched the final. Thats it
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's a slow simmer for long stretches. I watched it three times front to back because I'd drift off and miss big chunks and then pick up a lot of new stuff the next time.

Its mainly the character arcs that make it so exceptional. If you're not interested in that, or don't have the patience to let things build, BB isn't for you.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Season 1 & 2 are really season 1 with a writer’s strike in the middle. That strike saved the show. Season 3 and 4 are absolutely awesome. Do not miss. Could have ended series after season 4 finale, it was that epic.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,836
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some slow stretches. But still the GOAT.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some slow stretches. But still the GOAT.

All have a purpose. Those are the best times to pay attention.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,890
    Founders Club

When it came out I quit after two episodes

I watched the final. Thats it

Same here, quit after two episodes
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,760
    Once Gus showed up, BB started to roll.

It's not the Throbber's GOAT - prefer MadMen and the Sopranos. More interesting characters and hot babes.

• HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Season 3 and 4 BB are in the running for GOAT seasons for a TV program.

Not sure if I’d go quite that far but they were great. Season 5 was good but was a lot of filler...series ending was good but not sure it was the best ever.

Next up catching up on Cobra Kai Season 2 and 3...looking forward to being able to walk again sometime this century.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,836
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not sure if I’d go quite that far but they were great. Season 5 was good but was a lot of filler...series ending was good but not sure it was the best ever.

Next up catching up on Cobra Kai Season 2 and 3...looking forward to being able to walk again sometime this century.
    My Dude, the finale of BB was the greatest of all Tim in TV and it’s not close.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cobra Kai goes a bit downhill after season 1. There are one or two hilarious episodes in each of the next two seasons, but the rest makes you roll your eyes. General rule: Johnny Lawrence on screen = funny and good. Focus on the kids = cheesy and lame. Focus on Larusso = bad acting, but plot sometimes good, sometimes cheesy.

My Dude, the finale of BB was the greatest of all Tim in TV and it’s not close.
    Maybe, but think I had built it up in my head as being more than it was. If I had been watching it as it was coming out and waiting weekly with no preconceived notions I might have thought that. Instead I walked into it after binge-watching it and 8 years of people saying it’s the best thing since sliced bread...it ties up all the storylines really well but there are no real shockers in it. It’s all foreshadowed well which ruins some of it when watching episodes back to back...could have told you 90% of the finale after Hank’s last episode.

So far have to agree on the other comments on Cobra Kai season 2...eh.

I really need to be able to start walking soon...
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @HoustonHusky, check out Ted Lasso if you're stuck on the couch and need a show you can quickly binge. Only one season out so far, but it's been picked up for at least one more. The ladies like it, too, so that's a bonus.
    edited January 2021
    Already watched it...it’s awesome. Didn’t need a tore-up foot to binge-watch it. I’m a soccer nut and remember the NBC Sports ads it’s based on. Favorite current show by far. Got renewed for Season 2 and 3, although think it’s delayed until mid to late 2021.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

It's not the Throbber's GOAT - prefer MadMen and the Sopranos. More interesting characters and hot babes.

I liked the Sopranos... till they moved in next door. Without the cute chicks.