Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HCH Academy Awards - Best Picture of 1994

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,901
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

HCH Academy Awards - Best Picture of 1994 32 votes

Leon: The Professional
3%
DerekJohnson 1 vote
Dumb and Dumber
9%
Fire_Marshall_BillAtomicDawgUWerentThereMan 3 votes
Clerks
3%
alumni94 1 vote
Pulp Fiction
28%
RaceBannonRoadDawg55biak1spudenLaocoönYellowSnowUSMChawkJoeEDangerouslyFishpo31 9 votes
Forest Gump
15%
Mad_SonTequillaIPukeOregonGrellowBleachedAnusDawgIceManLikeGervin 5 votes
Speed
0%
Quiz Show
3%
GrundleStiltzkin 1 vote
Shawshank Redemption
34%
SwayewhlindergreenblooddncchuckdfleaDooglesHuskyInAZhuskyhooliganEl_KRDR 11 votes
Legends of The Fall
3%
1to392831weretaken 1 vote
F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off...
0%

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Quiz Show
    I’ll go hipster. Quiz Show is sublime to me. Pulp, Shawshank & Gump.

Wazzername ruined Leon for me.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,319
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pulp Fiction
    I felt dirty watching the Professional so I watched it again to make sure and still felt dirty

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pulp Fiction

R u obtuse Grumble or is it deliberate?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Shawshank Redemption
    "You know, the funny thing is, on the outside I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook."

I like Pulp Fiction a lot, but Shawshank is better.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Quiz Show

Huh? Love all 4 those movies. I’ve rewatched Quiz Show more recently and enjoy every tim, so picked it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2021
    Pulp Fiction

Huh? Love all 4 those movies. I’ve rewatched Quiz Show more recently and enjoy every tim, so picked it.
    I’m quoting Andy speaking to Warden Norton of Shawshank. Quiz show is wonderful.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2021
    Legends of The Fall
    I think you're right. I think this might be the worst murderers row in movie history. Just watched Forest Gump with the kids. Forgot how damned good it was. Shawshank is one of the best movies of all time. Those two are a big step above anything else on that list for me. Except Legends of the Fall. I didn't see it until a couple of years later, right after I lost my brother. Nothing in any movie has come closer to making me cry than the scene where Brad Pitt is charging the cliff next to his brother's grave on a horse and then pulls back at the last second. This movie is simply perfection in every way.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Quiz Show

I think you're right. I think this might be the worst murderers row in movie history. Just watched Forest Gump with the kids. Forgot how damned good it was. Shawshank is one of the best movies of all time. Those two are a big step above anything else on that list for me. Except Legends of the Fall. I didn't see it until a couple of years later, right after I lost my brother. Nothing in any movie has come closer to making me cry than the scene where Brad Pitt is charging the cliff next to his brother's grave on a horse and then pulls back at the last second. This movie is simply perfection in every way.

Maybe I should give it another go. Remember almost nothing about it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Legends of The Fall

Maybe I should give it another go. Remember almost nothing about it.
    It's both long and a slow burn, so if you're okay with that kind of thing, yes, give it another go. I watched it again recently, and it totally held up to what I remembered. Amazing movie.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Legends of The Fall

Agree. Any movie with Brad Pitt in Montana will give me a chub. Plus taking Kraut scalps @Swaye style is bad ass.
    All three of the brothers were perfect. Anthony Hopkins is amazing--particularly post-stroke. All of the @Swaye actors are really good, too. Acting, writing, set design, score. It's just perfect. Only problem is that I could say the same thing about Shawshank, too. Just personal preference splitting the tiniest hair.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pulp Fiction

Agree. Any movie with Brad Pitt in Montana will give me a chub. Plus taking Kraut scalps @Swaye style is bad ass.
    All three of the brothers were perfect. Anthony Hopkins is amazing--particularly post-stroke. All of the @Swaye actors are really good, too. Acting, writing, set design, score. It's just perfect. Only problem is that I could say the same thing about Shawshank, too. Just personal preference splitting the tiniest hair.
    When I get old and have a stroke I wanna yell at people like Col. Ludlow.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Shawshank Redemption

When I get old and have a stroke I wanna yell at people like Col. Ludlow.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Shawshank Redemption
    I could have gone with any of the big three. I just watched Pulp Fiction last week so that disqualified it somehow. It has been too long since I've seen Forest Gump so...I went with Shawshank.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Forest Gump
    Clerks is actually my favorite of the bunch.

PF and SR obviously also considerations for best.