Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sounds like the NRA is using existing tax and bankruptcy laws to fuck over New York and restructure in Texas. What does Biden have to do with it, unless you’re crediting Biden for New York losing even more businesses.
    ——-

New York(CNN Business) The National Rifle Association of America, the nation's foremost gun lobby, has filed for voluntary bankruptcy in Texas, the organization said Friday.

The group said it plans to leave New York and reincorporate as a Texas nonprofit, in an move it is calling "Project Freedom."

The NRA said it's in its "strongest financial condition in years," but the restructuring will help to "streamline costs and expenses."
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    True story. I joined the NRA yesterday. Wife told me this today and I just shook my head and laughed, but it's clear this is for legal strategy if any of the liberals here think that the NRA is actually going out of business.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NY chases more jobs to Texas potd
  • Options

True story. I joined the NRA yesterday. Wife told me this today and I just shook my head and laughed, but it's clear this is for legal strategy if any of the liberals here think that the NRA is actually going out of business.

The BidenBro who started this thread obviously didn’t read past the headline.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 2021

The BidenBro who started this thread obviously didn’t read past the headline.
    Reading for comprehension is a challenge for some. Faggy quadrunner wink.
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The NRA won't be going out of business as long as Russia is allowed to continue using them to launder oligarch money into the Trumpublican wing of the (R) party.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

The NRA won't be going out of business as long as Russia is allowed to continue using them to launder oligarch money into the Trumpublican wing of the (R) party.
    Literally debunked but keep lying. It’s how your side gets power. Now I know why Biden is turning DC into Pyongyang with his walls, razor wire, and military for his Inauguration Day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/russia-the-nra-and-fake-news-1521761296

Russia, the NRA and Fake News
    Journalists propagate another wild tale from Fusion GPS’s Glenn Simpson.

Washington in 2016 saw one of most audacious dirty tricks in political history: the Donald Trump -Russia collusion claim. Now it’s happening again—same partisans, same media; new conspiracy, new victims, including the National Rifle Association.

Remember how the Trump-Russia trick played? Hillary Clinton’s campaign hired opposition-research firm Fusion GPS to compile a dossier of salacious Trump allegations. The Fusion team delivered it to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, then, when briefing reporters, cited the bureau’s interest to establish the document’s credibility. To this day the accusations in the dossier have not been corroborated.

To pull this off, Clinton partisans needed government officials willing to entertain wild claims and media willing to propagate them. Both still exist in abundance, as we now witness a new conspiracy theory elevated into news.

Starting in February 2017, media outlets began issuing stories about a Russian central banker named Alexander Torshin and a Russian gun-rights activist named Maria Butina. Most broadly claimed the duo had been cozying up to U.S. conservatives; they specifically noted that they had an interest in the NRA. What was weird was that so many journalists were simultaneously doing this story—among them Michael Isikoff of Yahoo News, the self-described “old friend” of Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson, who was also among the first to write about the dossier—at Mr. Simpson’s pitch.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    NRA is out smarting Cuomo and Biden in one shot. I guess I need to donate again.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

NRA is out smarting Cuomo and Biden in one shot. I guess I need to donate again.

Yeah except Biden “bust” the NRA. I read it in the OP’s headline so it must be true.
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Any opinion piece is not a debunking.

Thus endith your lesson in journalism and logic for today.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I hear Beto has them right where he wants them