Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!

Comments

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We were the team from the poor part of town

I wanted to fight the officials for disrespecting my guys.

My team got yelled at enough at home. I was the cool coach who didn't win a game

Sounds like you didn’t last long.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

My team got yelled at enough at home. I was the cool coach who didn't win a game

Kind of like Gilby
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I gotcha beat.

Yelm.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,060
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2021

Karen Osborne saying Spiker to Boise State, his son to San Jose State

I wanted Spiker gone the second I saw him towel waving. I guess an optimist would say he was supporting his teammates, but it seemed so lame to me that he could be so happy after doing nothing at UW.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam

I wanted Spiker gone the second I saw him towel waving. I guess an optimist would say he was supporting his teammates, but it seemed so lame to me that he could be so happy after doing nothing at UW.
    He had some good grabs in traffic that made me think he was good and not getting his shot
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If true, this news would reduce the total number of scholarship WRs on the 2021 roster to six.

Six. One of whom will be a true frosh—Tinae. Another of whom will be coming off an ACL—Racanelli.

When Taj Davis opted out in November, Lake expressed hope he’d eventually return. Whether or not that happens, Lake needs to portal *in* a WR.

• louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 330
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Our* problem isn't even recruiting it's "roster management." There's plenty of overall talent on the team but then certain positions have zero talent/depth. Most recently it's been D line and linebackers but it sounds like we're going to be having that issue at WR going forward. The defensive back room could get really thin really fast depending on who decides to leave after this year.

This season really feels like a potential tipping point for the program in either direction. We need to win both on the field and on the recruiting trail this year or our slide back to 7 win seasons seems almost inevitable.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

If true, this news would reduce the total number of scholarship WRs on the 2021 roster to six.

Six. One of whom will be a true frosh—Tinae. Another of whom will be coming off an ACL—Racanelli.

When Taj Davis opted out in November, Lake expressed hope he’d eventually return. Whether or not that happens, Lake needs to portal *in* a WR.

I hear Troy Franklin is gonna flip. Don't twist.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

On Twitter, I take it? Neither of them are even in the transfer portal, so wouldn't that be blatant admission of a recruiting violation by both of those schools?
    You don’t go in the portal without a good idea of where you’re going to land
    In practice, sure, but doesn't mean you should publicly announce a recruiting violation.
    The NCAA has no teeth
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

On Twitter, I take it? Neither of them are even in the transfer portal, so wouldn't that be blatant admission of a recruiting violation by both of those schools?
    In practice, sure, but doesn't mean you should publicly announce a recruiting violation.
    The NCAA has no teeth
    Well, yeah, but still...
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The NCAA has no teeth
    Before they used to be able to ride you hard, but as the NCAA has aged the best they can do is a velveteen rub.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The NCAA has no teeth
    Before they used to be able to ride you hard, but as the NCAA has aged the best they can do is a velveteen rub.
    One might say... The velveteen touch of a dandy fop?
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Kind of like Gilby
    Gilby was cool?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The NCAA has no teeth

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The NCAA has no teeth

I was originally going to attach a picture of Emmert, and that’s the one I would have picked. But I didn’t want to conjure up that mental image for people.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The NCAA has no teeth

If you’ve been in a cave for ten years and came out one day to have someone show you a picture of Emmert and a picture of Jerry Sandusky and tell you pick which one is a child molester, I feel like 81% of the people poled would say it’s Emmert.
    I think I know why. It’s the pedosmile. Sandusky had one as well.

I’m surprised this still exists, but a quiz to help sharpen your pedosmile recognition: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=spot_the_pedo